• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Contracts 2011 - 2013 for the "stars"

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The series is nearly over and the next big draft is in October of this year

Forget about past deeds in other formats

Forget about age

Forget about nationality

Forget about "marquee players"

Forget about increased revenue and salary caps

Who deserves an upgrade/downgrade/cut or a contract?

I dont pretend to know all the players so I'll start with the obvious

Warne - 40, doesnt train and his form is on the decline so make him a coach/manager/ambassador and pay whatever.

Gilly - one more year and as they got him on the cheap there should be no change

Hayden - see Gilly

Symonds - getting older so must go down

KP- why pay him so much if they arent going to play him

Gibbs - goneski

Swann - should get a massive contract

Pollard - ditto

Bollinger - ditto

Indian marquee players - Dhoni and Tendy are the goods but the rest should get a massive downgrade

Could go on for days but I'm sick of typing

Shri

Mr. Glass
Uthappa should get a good deal of money too. And a lot will dpend on the WC thats going to start shortly. Do well there and you are practically set for life.

social

Uthappa should get a good deal of money too. And a lot will dpend on the WC thats going to start shortly. Do well there and you are practically set for life.
Yep, you'd have to imagine that the young guys like Uthappa, Rohit etc would chew into some of the 650k (IIRC) per year that was paid to guys like Kaif

Sir Alex

Banned
Agree largely with social's first post. While I think Gilly should hang on for another year, am not sure he will.

Expect Tiwary (Mi), Rohit Sharma, Ojha, Dinda, Vijay, Raina to get good contracts.

Murali Kartik, Vaas, Yuvraj Singh, Partiv Patel etc seeking transfers with sufficient cut in their prices.

Duminy will see a massive cut, so will Fred, and Ishant Sharma.

Dhoni will likely retain his pay packet considering his Indian captaincy and brand value.
Warne should make his exit.

Swann? Massive contract? Lol. Spinners are not at premium. If anything I'd love to see Mi bidding for Shakib as quality left arm spin is rare, and his batting is a big bonus.

social

The only reason I mentioned Swann was for his marketability in the English market as the reason for a big contract

Big change this year has been in the performance of some of the "unknown" young Indians - they deserve a big kicker IMO

Sir Alex

Banned
He did not get a bid last year did he? Don't see how his brand value would've taken that massive a jump in a span of one year tbh.

Tough chance teams are going to 'waste' an overseas slot in a foreign offspinner, when you've plenty in your own backyard.

Most foreign spinners had to warm benches this year. Including some big names like Vettori, Van Der Merwe, botha etc.

social

Swann is probably the biggest name in English cricket atm and, like it or not, the IPL wouldnt be in existence without tv revenues

Anyway, politics aside, Pak players who should be on big money are Afridi, Gul and Aamer

Steve Smith should also attract a massive contract

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Swann is probably the biggest name in English cricket atm and, like it or not, the IPL wouldnt be in existence without tv revenues
I don't think anyone in England is watching the IPL to be honest. I think it's televised on ITV4 which has something like 14 viewers. If you're paying your hard-earned money on a cricketer, for God's sake don't waste it on Swann unless it's for cricketing reasons. Spend it on a photogenic Indian teenager instead.

masterblaster

International Captain
All I'm going to say is that Ishant Sharma does not deserve the $950,000 price tag that he got when he signed on at the start of the IPL.

pasag

RTDAS
Swann is probably the biggest name in English cricket atm and, like it or not, the IPL wouldnt be in existence without Indian tv revenues
Fixed.

Swann's not going to get a contract and he's not going to get a game (because Indians don't need spinners, and they're not going to waste an international slot on a spinner unless you're an all-time great). Being marketable in England is the smallest concern of any IPL club.

re: topic, already posted on this in the IPL thread, but some sides really do need to go shopping to fill some glaring holes (*cough* Rajasthan *cough*) and if they don't they'll be spending another year at the bottom.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How much is Murali on? He could get interesting money given after the World Cup he's retiring from international cricket.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ambati Rayudu too.

He is on absolutely peanuts . The ICL returnees only got a contract of 45,000 dollars,i think.