• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Corruption and Match-Fixing Investigations

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Modi outsted as IPL commissioner, some unheard of guy at BCCI replaces him as interim. Clearly a puppet.
Chirayu Amin from Baroda. Sounds like someone from the Narendra Modi camp.

Now lets see what happens to the Kochi franchise. I won't watch a single IPL match anymore if they are made to leave.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Just hope the new guy maintains his own deeply unbecoming tweets as well... Hey, maybe we can get Ashton Kutcher to run this thing.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Money + minimal regulation + 3rd world = trouble
O really. How about the Billions of dollars worth of bailout packages?

Wall Street.
Goldman
F&F
Nron

Liberal Party of Canada - Paul Martin's corruption scandal.

The amount of trouble that their is in the east is nothing compared to the B.S. that goes on in the so called 1st world.

The difference is, self serving regulations in the 1st world become "LAWS" hence become legal.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I just wonder, why did BCCI not take note of the "missing documentation" before? Don't they have like quarterly independent audits and stuff and if so, wouldn't BCCI know that they are missing signed agreements??

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, if he's still playing and it's true, you'd hope he'd be rubbed out for good.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So IPL kept Dinesh Mongia and Chris Cairns out of their tournament because they had "Zero Tolerance" for "this kind of stuff". Let's see what they have to say about their whole tournament now.

pasag

RTDAS
27 players, sheesh.

Hopefully it's not true, but not sure if I'd be able to watch the IPL anymore if it was. Don't these players have enough money? Don't know if they have legal grounds, but if anyone's found guilty I'd like to see them sued by the owners/league/sponsors.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So over cricket right now. Game is a complete mess for me and I'm struggling to hold any interest in it. Just so much more attractive sports/entertainment out there.

duffer

So IPL kept Dinesh Mongia and Chris Cairns out of their tournament because they had "Zero Tolerance" for "this kind of stuff". Let's see what they have to say about their whole tournament now.
They have no credibility left anyway. It's cool.

stephen

If it's true, I wonder who it could be. If it was a player then it would have to be one of:

Steven Smith
Cameron White
George Bailey
Matthew Hayden
Michael Hussey
Adam Gilchrist
Ryan Harris
Mitchell Marsh
Andrew Symonds
Moises Henriques
Andrew McDonald
Dirk Nannes
David Warner
James Hopes
Brett Lee
Shaun Marsh
Brad Hodge
Shane Warne
Damien Martyn
Shaun Tait

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it's true, I wonder who it could be. If it was a player then it would have to be one of:

Steven Smith
Cameron White
George Bailey
Matthew Hayden
Michael Hussey
Adam Gilchrist
Ryan Harris
Mitchell Marsh
Andrew Symonds
Moises Henriques
Andrew McDonald
Dirk Nannes
David Warner
James Hopes
Brett Lee
Shaun Marsh
Brad Hodge
Shane Warne
Damien Martyn
Shaun Tait
I think it relates to last year's tourney, so blokes like Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh etc weren't there iirc.

stephen

Waiting to hear official word before making any accusations myself. TBH I don't like the thought of any of them being involved in match fixing.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would be shattering if true. If it is, I hope the guy is made a pariah and our press/public don't adopt their normal double standards.