• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happy birthday God of Cricket

Sir Alex

Banned
Sachin celebrates his 38th incarnation day today.

Hopefully he'll continue to lift the spirits of a billion plus which otherwise is divided by everything from religion to BRC showgirls.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think we'll be seeing him play ODIs past 2011 WC.

Tests is the ultimate question. Depends if he's still enjoying himself.

Either way, he's a pretty good batsman :ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a nice article on cricinfo around the time of Kumble's retirement about the generation of Indian fans who had grown up watching Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly etc. and how it would feel like the end of a generation when the last of them retires. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

Losing my religion

Last edited:
He should look to break Lara's record now.That is the only major batting record in either format that he does not have atm.

Sir Alex

Banned
I would prefer matchwinning hundreds to draw inducing triples or 400s.

Otherwise a lot of factors have to come his way, flat wicket, openers failing to take advantage, company in middle order to last the distance, non aggressive declaration, etc etc.

Further Lara, for his genius, deserves to keep that record atleast.

GGG

State Captain
Seems a life time away when I seen him walking down George Street Dunedin when he was only 16 and then watching him get a second ball duck in a ODI, no way would I have imagined that he would become one of the best ever. Happy Birthday.

JBH001

International Regular
There was a nice article on cricinfo around the time of Kumble's retirement about the generation of Indian fans who had grown up watching Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly etc. and how it would feel like the end of a generation when the last of them retires. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

Losing my religion
That article is spot on. Even though I'm not Indian, it sort of rings true to me, as I have been watching Sachin bat since the 91/92 WC (as a boy in Sri Lanka and then later as an immigrant in New Zealand and Australia). When he walks off the field for the last time I think I will be unashamedly crying like a baby.

Happy Birthday, Sachin.