• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Immortal Knocks <100

King Pietersen

International Captain
This clearly doesnt only illustrate the greatest knock but I thought it would be interesting to see who had the most not out innings in games won of 50-99

The answer is Border but Chanderpaul has the most runs. The rest dont compare

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com
Goughy, those are stats when the toss was won ;) Here are the stats in matches won, pretty insignificant stats really. Taking the Not Out criteria out makes for some interesting stats though, with Ponting playing significantly more innings than anyone else. Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Paul Collingwood at cardiff in 2009 was a very good knock under pressure too.
As was Ian Bell's 78 at Cape Town. Interestingly both of them left it up to number 11 to block out the final few overs; both excellent under-pressure innings though.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy, those are stats when the toss was won ;) Here are the stats in matches won, pretty insignificant stats really. Taking the Not Out criteria out makes for some interesting stats though, with Ponting playing significantly more innings than anyone else. Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

As was Ian Bell's 78 at Cape Town. Interestingly both of them left it up to number 11 to block out the final few overs; both excellent under-pressure innings though.
haha. Oops I knew I shouldnt have rushed it. I had a feeling there was a mistake.

Stapel

International Regular
Anyway, speaking of workmanlike SLA bowlers, would throw in Ash Giles's 50 in support of KP at The Oval in 2005. Things were looking very ropey indeed at one stage.
Giles was given LBW in the 1st innings wrongly, on 32. He also had broken the Hayden/Langer 1st innings partnership, but was denied an LBW. Then he went on to score his best test innings ever, on the moment it mattered most.

Great stuff.

I think, in general, Giles' Ashes 2005 contribution is underrated. His overall figures don't look great at all, but he delivered when it mattered. A bit like England's whole team in 2009.
Who cares he leaked 56 runs for no wicket at Lord's? Or 93 for no runs in Manchester? He got 5 in Birmingham and he got Langer and Warne in Nottingham. ANd 90 rusn at the Oval.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You should remember it mate.. The one-off test for the Ashes at Headingly last year.
I seem to have a vague recollection of one game Australia played around that time. Was an innings victory if memory serves. Why didn't we play a full series though? It doesn't really make sense.