• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate Chanderpaul as a batsman?

How good is Chanderpaul?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the point of batting is to not be out.
Well, it's actually to score as many runs as possible before you get out. I agree it's a stat which doesn't show much but say there are two blokes averaging the same, but one of them has plenty more not outs, it shows that the player with fewer not outs actually contributes more tangible runs in each match, while the other one is more difficult to get out. You really can't say who is better than the other. But the guy with fewer not outs (ie) with more runs/match is ususally having more of an impact when he bats.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, it's actually to score as many runs as possible before you get out. I agree it's a stat which doesn't show much but say there are two blokes averaging the same, but one of them has plenty more not outs, it shows that the player with fewer not outs actually contributes more tangible runs in each match, while the other one is more difficult to get out. You really can't say who is better than the other. But the guy with fewer not outs (ie) with more runs/match is ususally having more of an impact when he bats.
Now stop right there OS - you're on the cusp of going down the First Chance Average route and we really, really, really don't want you to go there

Quite apart from which you'll set Zaremba off anyway

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now stop right there OS - you're on the cusp of going down the First Chance Average route and we really, really, really don't want you to go there

Quite apart from which you'll set Zaremba off anyway
How is runs/match comparable to the insanity of FCA??

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
I was fizzing at the bung at the prospect of rating Chanderpaul but then, unfortunately ... to my shock & horror, it seems like the voting process is over.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews not out percentage pretty high though too. I just think it means little as a stat.
Yeah I wasn't really referring to the stat there, probably doesn't tell you a huge amount, watching the way Shiv goes about it will tell you a lot more anyway