• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Classic sledges

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting anecdote. However such a behaviour from a youngster would've merited a pinch on the ears here.
Also I felt symmo was someone who made the best out of his peak as a cricketer. I always saw him as one in the league of TilDil, hardworking but not excessively gifted, but rose to world reckoning during their peaks. He was always going back to level once it was through, just that the incident was a catalyst.
Symonds work hard on cricket? And Warne was monogamous.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, the refs will let a fight go until someone has clearly won or if the players are taking too long to start a fight. If they are just standing around without punching, the refs will tell them to start the fight already or they'll intervene. And if someone is on the ground, and/or clearly beat, the refs will also call it.

andmark

International Captain
Not really a sledge, but it needs to be posted:

"Towards the end of George Headley's career he had been living in the midlands and in the summer playing in the Birmingham League. In 1953 the Jamaican people raised over £1,000 to bring him back to Jamaica just so he could play in the series against England. It had been tough for those people to raise the sum of money but they did and believed the sacrifices they had made would be worth it just to see George play against England. So you can imagine what they thought of me, when in the first game playing against the Jamaican Parishes, I broke his arm." - Fred Trueman