• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ever 35+ performer

Xuhaib

International Coach
Which cricketer has the best stats after passing 35th birthday.

I am backing Sachin and Walsh but could be wrong maybe some statsguru fans can help out.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gooch good call.Hobbs remained a beast even when he passed 40 thats what I recall.
His average once he turned 35 is only 0.31 less than his career average. To average 56.63 at his age, playing at the time he did, it's quite a remarkable effort. 10 of his 15 Test hundreds came after he turned 35.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a relatively small sample but I know Bradman's 15 post-War Tests were all played over the age of 35 and in those 15 matches he hit 8 centuries and averaged over 100. I'm imagining that not too many other players can top that.

Jarquis

Imran Khan's stats are quite special.
18 Test matches, 1037 runs at 61.00 with a HS of 136 and one other century. Then 51 wickets @ 26.56 with best figures of 7/80 and one other 5fer.

Dissector

International Debutant
It's a relatively small sample but I know Bradman's 15 post-War Tests were all played over the age of 35 and in those 15 matches he hit 8 centuries and averaged over 100. I'm imagining that not too many other players can top that.
In many ways the most remarkable part of Bradman's career. He missed 7 years of cricket and was the wrong side of 35 and still averaged over 100. If you take his last seven years of cricket from 34 to 48 as a measure of what he could have achieved during the war and add that to his career he would have scored 45 hundreds and almost 10,000 runs. Amazing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think old Dainty Ironmonger deserves a mention. 45 on debut, played 14 tests and took 74 wickets @ 17.97 each.

A ferret to (nearly) rival Chris Martin too, as a test average of 2.62 attests.

fredfertang

Jack Iverson was 35 on debut too - 21 wickets at 15 each

batting wise he made Dainty and Chris Martin look like Bradman - a mere 0.75 average for Iverson

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Got bowled by Eric Hollies though. :ph34r:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar still going strong averaging 57. Ricky Ponting has work to do averaging on 49.66 thus far.

Barrington averaged 59.68 and Gary Kirsten 61.55.

Pothas

Love that Wilfred Rhodes had 17 years left of international cricket after he was 35.

Cannot Look past Hobbs though for me.

Clive Lloyd worth a shout as well though and Basil D'Oliveira who probably would not have even made it to England if he had not lied about his age.

Last edited: