• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time ODI XI

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'd also like to repeat myself and point out to the Marshall fanboys that their boi never won a World Cup and doesn't even make the AT ODI XI of people who didn't win it. :ph34r:

Long live McGrath.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
INDIA

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Saurav Ganguly
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
*+MS Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Javagal Srinath
gotta have ganguly open though. one of the finest openers in odis ever and what a pair he and tendulkar formed! also idk about dravid being at number 5 which should be a spot for a naturally aggressive batsman. if ure about to put him in number 3 is the only option and a great one too. bat through the middle overs or stabilize the innings in case of an early wicket. sehwag can actually be at 5 which may be a little unorthodox (idk if he's ever played at 5) but he can def slog it out.

yuvi should be in there for this bowling but it's sad leaving out azhar. anyway what a batting lineup.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, and Gambhir also has that amazing sense of occasion. Top scored for India in the finals of both the T20 and 50 over World cups.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand:

1. N. Astle
2. S. Fleming
3. J. Ryder
4. M. Crowe
5. R. Taylor
6. C. Cairns
7. B. McCullum
8. C. Harris
9. R. Hadlee
10. D. Vettori
11. S. Bond

Hard to see how this team would be 'decimated' by SL, even taking into account that we can't play Murali and that Fleming is Vaas's bunny. The worst batsman in this team averages 16, and I couldn't see the Jayasuriya/Kaluwitharana strategy working against this quality of bowling.

Bond and Hadlee to open the bowling, Cairns first change, Vettori and Harris to strangle the middle order.

I think this is a better team than anything SL, India or even SA could put out, and in a All-time XI World Cup I'd expect us to, true to form, go out in the semifinals.
There won't be Jayasuriya / Kaluwitharana stratergy. It would be Jayasuriya / Dilshan strategy, which is way superior than the former. This team has two ATGs in ODI bowling, who have similar figures to Hadlee and Bond when adjusted to stats of the era they played. Tale one to one, SL has a better side. Hadlee is better than Vaas but in ODIs it's not by the amount that Murali out classes Vettori. I agree that "decimate" is bit OT, but in a hypothetical 10 match series, played on a neutral ground (like Sharjah, where the conditions are alien to both teams), I'd back SL team to win 7-3.

Edit: And I'am assuming that Bond will last all ten

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
does Gambhir deserve to be in there in an all time indian ODI batting line up?
He has much much better ODI credentials than Sehwag. Sehwag is a great test batsman, but (quite surpurprisingly!) his ODI records are rather Ok-ish.

Gambhir, on the other hand, has superb ODI records. He has been a very very consistent performer in the ODIs. Some might give him some extra browny points for his knock in the WC final as well.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus XI

Matthew Hayden
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Ricky Ponting
Dean Jones
Michael Hussey
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath

2nd XI

Mark Waugh
Shane Watson
Greg Chappell
Michael Clarke
Steve Waugh
Darren Lehmann
Ian Healy (wk)
Brad Hogg
Mitchell Johnson
Craig McDermott
Nathan Bracken

I reckon that second XI would run through most teams today without trouble.

Vish_criclover

Cricket Spectator
My all time India XI for ODI's :

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Sourav Ganguly (C)
Mohammad Azharuddin
Yuvraj Singh
M.S Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Harbhajan Singh
Javagal Srinath