• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time ODI XI

Himannv

International Coach
West Indies

Greenidge
Gayle
Richards
Lara
Sarwan
Jacobs
Bravo
Holding
Ambrose
Garner
Roberts

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SAF XI

Gary Kirsten
Greame Smith
Jacques Kallis
Daryll Cullinan
Hansie Cronje
AB de Villiers
Mark Boucher
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Allan Donald
Fanie DeVilliers

Edit: Added Klusener, and removed Ntini. Fast attack is still commendable with Donald , de Villiers and Pollock. Klusener at his pomp was good bowler, as well as Kallis. Cronje will be the sixth bowler

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
SAF XI

Gary Kirsten
Greame Smith
Jacques Kallis
Daryll Cullinan
Hansie Cronje
AB de Villiers
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Makhaya Ntini
Allan Donald
Fanie DeVilliers
Would make AB keep wickets and drop Boucher for Klusener if it was my side.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Would make AB keep wickets and drop Boucher for Klusener if it was my side.
and I will pick Bradman for the Autralia side if we are working this way,, what has AB ever done as a keeper to warrant that position in an all time XI.

jondavluc

State Regular
Australia XI

Adam Gilchrist
Mattew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds
Michael Bevan
Brad Hogg
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Glenn Mcgrath

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
England XI

Gooch (c)
Knight
Hick
Stewart (w)
Fairbrother
Collingwood
Flintoff
Botham
Swann
Gough
Fraser

Not sure if I ought to be making room for Trescothick, Gower, Lamb, Robin Smith and Bob Willis.

Regardless, this team is going to get dicked on by pretty much every other country's all-time ODI XI

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
For us.

Adam Gilchrist
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting (c)
Dean Jones
Michael Hussey
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath

Himannv

International Coach
Marshall? I'd be tempted to put Sobers in one the strength of his one ODI as well...
Disagree on Sobers but will agree on Marshall although I dont think ODI's were really his format. Might replace Holding as opposed to Roberts though.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
England XI

Gooch (c)
Knight
Hick
Stewart (w)
Fairbrother
Collingwood
Flintoff
Botham
Swann
Gough
Fraser

Not sure if I ought to be making room for Trescothick, Gower, Lamb, Robin Smith and Bob Willis.

Regardless, this team is going to get dicked on by pretty much every other country's all-time ODI XI
No room for Pietersen?

Beleg

International Regular
Anwar
[insert keeper]
Zaheer
Inzamam
Miandad
Imran
Razzaq
Afridi
Akram
Younis
Saqlain

with four world class ODI batsmen and four top of the shelf ODI bowlers as well as a plethora of hard hitting batsmen - i'd back the team against any other country XI.

allternatively,

Anwar
Moin (WK)
Abbas
Inzamam
Miandad
Yousuf
Imran (C)
Wasim
Saqlain
Waqar
Shoaib

that's a pretty sweet ODI bowling attack. can't think of many better.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
OK rethink time. Hick and Fairbrother get the chop, Tresco opens with Gooch, Knight drops to 3 and KP comes in at 4.

Gooch (c)
Trescothick
Knight
Pietersen
Stewart (w)
Collingwood
Flintoff
Botham
Swann
Gough
Fraser

Matt79

Global Moderator
For me
Adam Gilchrist+
Mark Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Dean Jones
Andrew Symonds
Michael Bevan
Shane Watson
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath

Watto's done enough already IMO, and ideally Symonds is a sixth bowler rather than a fifth. Can't believe I can't find room for Hayden - it's ridiculous. I was going to have him open and Waugh in at 4, but then I realised I'd have 12 players in the team. Big shout outs to Steve Waugh and Nathan Bracken as well. Would walk into many other countries alltime XIs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
and I will pick Bradman for the Autralia side if we are working this way,, what has AB ever done as a keeper to warrant that position in an all time XI.
He is a more than decent keeper who you can count on. Klusener was much better than Boucher as a batsman. Since when are players required to do something special as ODI keepers? We had Dravid keeping wickets for India for a while ffs.:p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ZIM XI

Neil Johnson
Grant Flower
Dave Houghton
Murray Goodwin
Andy Flower
Alisair Campbell
Guy Whitall
Heath Streak
Eddo Brandes
John Traicos
Henry Olongs
Traicos is an odd selection. I would go for Strang or Price if you need a spinner.

With both openers capable of bowling effective spells, I would probably include Taibu or a big hitter like Chigumbura or Ervine instead of Guy Whittall

N Johnson
G Flower
M Goodwin
A Campbell
A Flower
D Houghton
T Taibu/ or a big hitter.
H Streak
P Strang
E Brandes
H Olonga

Last edited: