• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in the West Indies

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looked around, couldn't see a thread for this.

So far on tour Ireland have lost to Jamaica in a one dayer, drawn a three day fixture and beaten them in a T20, and also fallen to the West Indies in a T20.

Ireland are going okay in what I'm pretty sure is the only ODI - 95/2 after 24. They obviously need to push on the rate a bit now but there's two set batsmen at the crease now so there's an opportunity. A couple of T20s left after this game too.

stumpski

International Captain
Yes, I see what you mean. He's still only 19 though, that should clear up. Ireland also giving a debut to a 17-year-old bowler.

Windies should win this comfortably enough, but it looks like they'll have to get more than 200. Ireland certainly putting up a much stronger showing than Canada.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If the rain stops Ireland have a cracking chance of winning this. Towards the end of their innings and the start of ours it became extremely humid and the ball has been swinging around significantly, as it can do for short periods of time at Sabina Park.

Hopefully young Bravo gets some more runs if they come out to bat again, it would be good to see him gain some confidence for future international assignments.

stumpski

International Captain
I'd have thought a Duckworth Lewis target is more likely to favour West Indies, though - I reckon they'd be quite happy to chase around 160 in 30 overs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'd have thought a Duckworth Lewis target is more likely to favour West Indies, though - I reckon they'd be quite happy to chase around 160 in 30 overs.
These two early wickets will hurt the WI badly under D/L.

It looks like 200 off 40, 172 off 30 or 133 off 20.

That's given the 9/2 off 5.2 start - so effectively 190 off 35, 162 off 25 or 124 off 15 - not looking great!

stumpski

International Captain
Will be very interesting if they can get Sarwan out before the score passes 100. You'd expect West Indies to do it pretty comfortably while he's there.

Beamer

Crowd are not happy. An Irish player catches Deonarine but, according to the groundstaff and fans in the Headley stand, steps back onto the ropes. He then celebrates and the umpire has to take the fielders word.

Hmmmmmmmmm not good cricket. Not sure a ODI should be played without tv facilities these days.

Beamer

Ireland were absolutely pulverised by T & T yesterday. After being bowled out for 90, T & T chased it down in 7.1 Overs :-O.

Scorecard

Now T & T are an excellent T20 side, we all know that, but losing by that margin is just embarresing.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, I think Ireland still have some way to go....

For starters, they need to figure out how they can stop losing their good players to England.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The trick is to make them play badly and get thrased by domestic teams. England will never know!