• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Exciting test matches

Dissector

International Debutant
While Calcutta was an incredible come-back, IMO the next test was better overall with an up-and-down contest that went right down to the wire.

I watched the highlights of the tied test of Brisbane a few months back and it was marvellous. The last over was a total riot with a wicket or missed chance on almost every ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia v WI, 4th Test, Adelaide 1992-93. WI won by one run.

Edgbaston 05 of course, and the Third Test in the same series where Ponting batted most of the last day, then Lee and McGrath saved it for us.

Maximus0723

State Regular

Edgbaston 05 of course, and the Third Test in the same series where Ponting batted most of the last day, then Lee and McGrath saved it for us.
Would be cool if you can find and post of the links for matches. Always fun to have a look at the history.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That one for me too. Was a much tighter Test than Edgbaston, I thought. For large chunks of the last morning in Edgbaston, it was tense but with both sides waiting for the other to make a mistake like when a bloke on the wrong end of tennis match point just keeps putting the ball over the net to stay alive. In the Adelaide Test, seemingly, something heart-stopping happened every ball. Either a huge LBW shout or Tim May bashing a ball through covers or Craig McDermott slogging, etc. Plus, it was an arm-wrestle from ball one. No 4-per-over scoring, little flowing stroke-play (except by Tim :wub:) no clear winner either way until WI took a few wickets before May came to the crease.

Was Langer's first Test too and I remember reading an article in Inside Edge with a pic of how many times he got hit by the WI bowlers and a picture showing where with black dots. Could barely see him underneath them. And Merv sent down more than his usual quota of chin music too so the WI got it back in spades. Was just a bruising Test in general, the most all-out attack by both sides I've seen. The pitch was a touch up-and-down by the end (only marginally less flat than usual) but, really, both sides were just going and nasty on each other. Hooked me on Tests.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63593.html

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
India Vs Pakistan test in '98 when Sachin made 136 with back problems in the 2nd innings and India still managed to lose.