• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Burgey's Allan Border Appreciation Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have always been of the opinion that despite AB not being as 'fancy' a player as Ponting or GSC or as talented, He definitely played as well as they did. If anything, he had a harder career due to the heavy amount of dependence on him. Personally, I'd rate AB to be the second best Australian batsman after Bradman, though I know not many would support that opinion.
:D

Should be more AB love on here..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think AB is one of the best players of all time.. He was a bit like Lara of his time, wasn't he? Didn't he have to carry the batting of that Aussie side for a good period of time?

Burgey

bagapath

International Captain
:laugh:

And at Saeed - we're laughing with you mate, not at you :)
bharani... forget the CW nick... you should tell your parents to officially change your name to biryani... hyderabadi and lucknowi chics will dig you...

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
+1 from me too - a dead set legend is our AB.

And in response to the OP, the answer as far as I'm concerned is unequivocally YES.

vcs

Wow, Allan Border has some rock-solid stats. Definitely a contender for that "Who has the most complete record?" thread that we had recently, IMO.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, Allan Border has some rock-solid stats. Definitely a contender for that "Who has the most complete record?" thread that we had recently, IMO.
Except South Africa a bit like Dravid himself.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Played one three- test series at each of home and away against them, and at the very end of his career, tbf..
Fair Enough.

Though he also averages 39.46 agaisnt west indies.Which is decent but average i would say.

Sir Alex

Banned
Allan border will always remain my favorite aus captain ever and their 2nd best batsman since bradman. From 84 till retirement he was australian cricket personified. An atlas who's getting emulated by Dan the man these days.