Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sehwag - Wisden's leading cricketer of the year 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Mine was a poorly made joke admittedly - Mostly a useless post. If Sean was only referring to me then fair enough, but its a forum so people are going to undoubtedly question the achievements of cricketers.
    Missed my point, and I wasn't just referring to you. I said I don't mind people disagreeing, it just annoys me that it invariably ends with players being denigrated rather than celebrated. My comment was a bit preachy and soap-boxy though, I'll admit.
    Last edited by The Sean; 15-04-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Hayden's S/R is what you'd call good, positive cricket. Sehwag's is bordering on maniacal, yet successful.

Well done Viru. The man's man, especially in that ad with Gambhir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post

SehWAG.
    So obvious, yet so good. Can't believe we've missed it for so long. Played andy.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Hayden's S/R is what you'd call good, positive cricket. Sehwag's is bordering on maniacal, yet successful.
    "The great thing about Matthew Hayden was that he redefined what an opening batsman was. He changed the face of Test-match batting for ever. His real legacy will be changing the way cricket was played. He always tried to dominate and went after the opening bowlers in the first session." - Steve Waugh

'He changed the face of batting for ever' | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post
    "The great thing about Matthew Hayden was that he redefined what an opening batsman was. He changed the face of Test-match batting for ever. His real legacy will be changing the way cricket was played. He always tried to dominate and went after the opening bowlers in the first session." - Steve Waugh

'He changed the face of batting for ever' | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com
    Its haydo's retirement ceremony. So Waugh got a little overboard there.

Changed the way of opening batting??

I wonder what slater did during the 90's? Isn't he the guy that started attacking brand of cricket that AUS under taylor are famous for, which later followed successfully.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Its haydo's retirement ceremony. So Waugh got a little overboard there.

Changed the way of opening batting??

I wonder what slater did during the 90's? Isn't he the guy that started attacking brand of cricket that AUS under taylor are famous for, which later followed successfully.
    Waugh didn't get a little overboard, he always believed in Hayden and believed that he could be one of the best.

Slater was moreso a positive player then anything else, who played his shots rather then bludgening the ball. Had he never experienced health problems in the late 90s / early 00s then Slater could've quite possibly gone on to become one of the best batsman of alltime.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Sigh. Is this discussion really necessary in a thread about Sehwag?

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    So obvious, yet so good. Can't believe we've missed it for so long. Played andy.
    Haha, pretty sure I've seen it on here before.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Waugh didn't get a little overboard, he always believed in Hayden and believed that he could be one of the best.

Slater was moreso a positive player then anything else, who played his shots rather then bludgening the ball. Had he never experienced health problems in the late 90s / early 00s then Slater could've quite possibly gone on to become one of the best batsman of alltime.
    He said Langer is the best batsman in the world too, in 2000. As a captain he believed in all his players.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Congrats to Sehwag. As for the mini-discussion re Hayden; well he certainly was domineering. In a different sense though. While Hayden was a pretty fast scorer himself when he wanted to be; he does not touch Sehwag. On the other hand, Hayden intimidated bowlers but not really by the speed of scoring.
    ★★★★★

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    He said Langer is the best batsman in the world too, in 2000. As a captain he believed in all his players.
    He said that Hayden's batting inbetween 2002-04 was as good as anyone that he'd ever seen and compared him to Bradman.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Congrats to Sehwag. As for the mini-discussion re Hayden; well he certainly was domineering. In a different sense though. While Hayden was a pretty fast scorer himself when he wanted to be; he does not touch Sehwag. On the other hand, Hayden intimidated bowlers but not really by the speed of scoring.
    The difference was that Hayden was a calculating assassin whilst Sehwag was a batsman who went after absolutely everything. Hayden had an aura about him whilst with Sehwag you always thought you had a chance.

The difference was that Hayden was a calculating assassin whilst Sehwag was a batsman who went after absolutely everything. Hayden had an aura about him whilst with Sehwag you always thought you had a chance.
    tell this to Murali,Hearath,Mendis,Steyn,Morkal,Shoaib,Kaneria, Anderson,Flintoff.

Banned
    Would take the burly over Sehwag in One days and t20s.

But sehwag anyday the better bet for me in tests.

Oh, okay. Thankfully, this thread isn't about who you would pick instead of another for tests.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information