• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Dravid an all time great?

We always talk about Lara,Ponting,Sachin,Kallis,Waugh....what about Dravid?Is he an all time great or just a good batsman?Statswise he is incredible with an away average of 57 and he is the only batsman to have scored a test century away from home against all test playing countries.

Himannv

International Coach
Terrific number 3 I reckon and for me the third best Indian batsman of all time behind Tendulkar and Gavaskar. Will definitely fit in an all time great team.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That phrase doesn't really mean anything. Dravid was awesome, that's all we really need to say.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great player Dravid. Admire him enormously. So mentally tough too, in an understated kind of way. Respect.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
not in top ten though, i think all time great should be reserved for top ten
That's silly. You can be top 10 in 2010 but by 2040 maybe only be top 15 as there have been 5 players become slightly 'greater'.

That doesn't remove your legacy.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Yeah, Dravid's part of the elite group of batsman from his era which can be considered alltime greats that are far ahead from the rest of the pack - Tendulkar, Ponting, Lara, Hayden, Waugh, Kallis and Dravid.

bagapath

International Captain
^ call him an indian too SaeedAnwar. Dont let him get away with it!!!

Dravid is as great as Miandad, Border, Compton, Barrington, Steve Waugh and the 3Ws were. One rung above inzy, sanga, Kallis, mahela and lloyd types. and one rung below the greg chappell, ricky ponting types.

Teja.

Global Moderator
^ call him an indian too SaeedAnwar. Dont let him get away with it!!!

Dravid is as great as Miandad, Border, Compton, Barrington, Steve Waugh and the 3Ws were. One rung above inzy, sanga, Kallis, mahela and lloyd types. and one rung below the greg chappell, ricky ponting types.
I have always been of the opinion that despite AB not being as 'fancy' a player as Ponting or GSC or as talented, He definitely played as well as they did. If anything, he had a harder career due to the heavy amount of dependence on him. Personally, I'd rate AB to be the second best Australian batsman after Bradman, though I know not many would support that opinion.

R_D

International Debutant
:laugh:

It s a lot better than the sn I use currently.. Maybe I would be posting soon in the user name change thread.. :p
What is this thread? You can get username changed...... noticed one of the guys had their username changed recently....

As for Dravid... definitely an all time great... might not make it in top 10 or 20 but still a great batsman.