• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI's and T20's really popular among females?

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
I have noticed that ODI's and especially T20's are really popular among girls, they seem to love it. I am glad they like it, it's nice if a sport is enjoyed by girls. Test cricket is only for men to watch.

Btw do you think T20's is the most popular sport among females? or atleast one of the most popular, soccer/football is probably ahead.

Himannv

International Coach
There are women who like the game of course, although I doubt there are many who like Test matches that much. Probably only 10 - 20% of all women even remotely like the game, of which, not even 0.1% are likely to favour Test matches IMO.

Matt79

Global Moderator
My wife quite likes test cricket, watched ten minutes of a T20 and said "this is just stupid, so they're just trying to slog every ball then?". Smart woman.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I have noticed that ODI's and especially T20's are really popular among girls, they seem to love it. I am glad they like it, it's nice if a sport is enjoyed by girls. Test cricket is only for men to watch.

Btw do you think T20's is the most popular sport among females? or atleast one of the most popular, soccer/football is probably ahead.
:-O Why, oh why...

I personally prefer Tests, and every time I've been to a Test there were quite a lot of girls. I haven't been to an ODI or T20 yet, so I can't really compare. I guess you might be right though, as most of my friends prefer ODIs and T20s over Tests.

Rugby probably is the most popular sport amongst girls around here, followed by cricket.

Protean

State Regular

Err, yeah. I probably watch more test cricket than any of my male friends.

As Corli said, rugby more popular amongst the girls in SA. But it's also more popular with the guys, so not sure that says anything.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
depends on how interested they are in cricket, tbh.. I know my mom prefers test cricket but some of my female friends think T20s are the shiz... One thing though.. Even the girls who don like cricket seem to tolerate (and, at times, enjoy) T20s and some ODIs..

Put it this way. A girl who doesn't like cricket is more likely to tolerate a T20 than a ODI or a test.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My wife prefers T20s to other formats, principally because it means I'll drag my arse off the lounge sooner than if an ODI or Test is on.

Don't see a correlation necessarily between gender and love for one format of cricket over another tbh. Can see T20s introducing new fans to the game though, and that would include females, of course.

Lostman

State Captain
My wife quite likes test cricket, watched ten minutes of a T20 and said "this is just stupid, so they're just trying to slog every ball then?". Smart woman.
Is this really a good thing?
Spending 5 straight days with an extra ~7hrs more than usual with the wife:ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
my fiancee likes all cricket and thinks she knows all the knits and grits and trust me they are the worst kind.