• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting To Know The Gentle Giant - From Those Who Did Know Him

L Trumper

State Regular
A great piece.
May be you should publish an article every week for players of bygone era with all those beautiful quotes and paraphrases.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to put together a quite beautiful piece. I enjoyed it enormously.

Oh, and I enjoyed the Roy Ullyett cartoon too! haven't seen one of his for years.

stumpski

International Captain
Bedser bowled to Bradman in two Ashes series: 1946-47 and 1948, as well as various matches between touring sides and counties/states.

Great features guys. :thumbup:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Both excellent pieces - well done to you both, and thanks. They have made my evening.

Last edited: