View Poll Results: Would you attend a neutral test match between two top 8 nations in your country/city?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, most definitely.

25 50.00%
  • Yes, at a reduced price from games involving the home nation.

21 42.00%
  • Doubtful/no.

3 6.00%
  • Bone jacket > the beige.

1 2.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Go Along To A Neutral Test Match?

Would You Go Along To A Neutral Test Match?

With the Pakistan vs Australia series coming up, and being played in England, I was wondering who would head along to watch a neutral Test match being played in their country.

For me, I'd nearly definitely go. Although this has to do with my MCC membership which allows me free entry. Otherwise, I'm not sure - I'd probably head along at a reduced price, less than $15.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah certainly. Heading up to the Australia v Pakistan test and Headingley and I can't wait. Not only is the standard of cricket likely to be really high (and I love watching cricket anyway), the atmosphere is going to be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

See, that'd be one of the big drawbacks here. I can't imagine how the atmosphere would be awesome, especially at the 'G with such a big potential capacity. Would just seem empty and quiet, almost like a Shield game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    When is this series on, out of interest? Early summer or late (in as much as there is a summer there)?

Answer to the question for me would be a definite yes, if I was interested in seeing the two sides playing.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Well there are loads of Pakistanis that live in Leeds and Bradford and they are almost universally massive cricket fans. Whenever Pakistan tour the games always sell out and all of the English supporters would love to go and watch Australia anyway (despite them all being ****s), so I have no doubt that it will sell out. Headingley is pretty small, has a capacity of 20,000 tops at a guess, so it's got a pretty closed feel about it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    There is no other kind of test match .

So yeah, I would and often do. Very much enjoy it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

U19 12th Man
    I used to enjoy watching the neutral game in the old triangular one day series in Australia. You could just watch and enjoy the game without caring who won or lost. Sometimes the best games were the games between the two visiting countries.

I remember as a kid buying cheap tickets and then sneaking up into the Churchill/Brewongle at the SCG at an ODI where Australia wasnt playing.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Not a neutral test match as such, but I went to England vs Sri Lanka at Lords in 2002. I was a neutral viewer though and spent most of the day wandering around looking at Lords rather than watching the match as I didn't care too much about the result. Was supporting Sri Lanka over England if pushed of course.

I'd be happy to go and watch a neutral match if it was two teams I enjoyed watching.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Yeah I would go, I would expect the tickets to be a little cheaper compared with a match involving your home country.

Also, if the neutral matches were in a league instead of the current rankings I think more people would attend neutral matches.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Depending on who was playing and the price i would head along.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Cricket is about the only sport where I don't prefer to NOT watch England to be honest. But yes, I would happily go along to a neutral test. Obviously wouldn't have the same atmosphere though, unless there were enough "real" fans, if you will.

Yep will definetly be going to Pakistan v Australia this year but actually might not go to the England as it is it horrribly expensive.

Watched India v Kenya in an ODI at the rose bowl a few years ago which was fantastic.

Ghana v Nigeria at Griffin Park = best football international ever.

Posts regarding supposed "racism" and its discussion are taking the thread away from its intended topic and have been deleted.

International Regular
    Yes, if I didn't have to travel too much, and could afford it, I definitely would.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    I always used to go to the neutral ODIs they had in Australia for the tri-series when it was around. The crowds were tiny but the cricket was still of great quality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information