• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would You Go Along To A Neutral Test Match?

Would you attend a neutral test match between two top 8 nations in your country/city?

• Total voters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I will definitely go if I can and if the prices are low enough there should be good attendances.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I would and I have - I've been to seven Tests in England and only one of them has involved Australia. I'm always happy to have the chance to see Test cricket, regardless of who is playing.

EDIT - just realised I misread the question slightly as technically the Tests I've been to see haven't been "neutral" as they've been England home matches. But they were still neutral for me!

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think I'd enjoy it more, tbh. Tests involving NZ invariably depress me.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Voted "at a reduced price" but if it were between two genuinely good teams, say SA and India, I'd pay full price. If it featured one decent team and one of the teams outside the top 4-5, I'd go but want to pay less. If it was one of the minnows vs anyone but Australia, probably not.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I definitely would but wouldn't pay the same price as I would for games where England are playing. But that's more a reflection of the an-arm-and-a-leg nature of the cost of home tests in England. Begrudge paying as much as I have to for our tests.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought about doing so this year but decided to try and go to a couple of England games instead. Have only got tickets for one game so far though and I fancy a trip to Headingley, so I might head over for the Aus-Pak game if there are tickets available closer to the time (a few normally come available in the last couple of weeks before the game, that's certainly how I got tickets for the Headingley Ashes test last summer in the aftermath of Edgbaston being rained off).

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Well definitely since my tickets dropped through the letterbox the other day. I'm expecting a good atmosphere, I went to a few T20 world cup matches last summer and the Pakistani fans were brilliant. Not completely pissed, and I sat next to some really friendly blokes from Luton one match and had a great time.

Edit: Tickets cost me £45, pretty pricey.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I definitely would but wouldn't pay the same price as I would for games where England are playing. But that's more a reflection of the an-arm-and-a-leg nature of the cost of home tests in England. Begrudge paying as much as I have to for our tests.
This.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends, the Bangladesh tickets are £30. I don't know what others would be, I haven't been to a test there for a few years. My boyfriend doesn't like them, he prefers T20 or ODI!
He doesn't deserve you 4or6! He doesn't understand you like I do!

:(

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought I was being quite restrained not commenting on that thread. :)

Back to the topic though, does anyone know how much Lords test tickets normally are, ie not Australia or Bangladesh?
Mine have usually been £60 in the Grandstand on Saturdays and Sundays. £75 for Australia and South Africa though.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Mine have usually been £60 in the Grandstand on Saturdays and Sundays. £75 for Australia and South Africa though.
Okay, a bit less then. Though I'm in Compton upper which is a bit cheaper than the grandstand I think. I don't really know why, I didn't like the view from the grandstand so much when I went in there, I prefer to be straighter.

Burgey

Okay, a bit less then. Though I'm in Compton upper which is a bit cheaper than the grandstand I think. I don't really know why, I didn't like the view from the grandstand so much when I went in there, I prefer to be straighter.
Really, you should have that seen to. Sounds like a chest infection.

Burgey

Have mused before at the ridiculously small capacities of English grounds. Won't go over it again, but madness that so many have to mis out on a seat or mortgage their cobblers to get in.

Edit: except for f-o-s obviously :ph34r:

Last edited: