Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

2nd T20I - 6 July
    Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

Test Series

1st Test - 13–17 July
    Lord's Cricket Ground, London

2nd Test - 21–25 July
    Headingley, Leed's

MCC to sponsor Australia-Pakistan series | Cricket News | Marylebone Cricket Club | Cricinfo.com

Spirit of cricket campaign being launched, new honours boards to be put up at Lord's for neutral matches.

On to the important stuff though, squads and starting XIs....
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I'm quite looking forward to this one.

Can't help thinking it will be a bit of a win for the BNP (an extreme right-wing / fascist party in the UK) - "look at these ****ing Pakistanis, Leeds is a home fixture for them".

That aside, should be fun. I might get myself down to Lord's for it. I may need an XXL Pakistan shirt though - do they do these without the name Inzamam on the back?

Will watch every minute of it if Akthar comes back.

Banned
    Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.
    Pakistan will be humbled. Their top three is arguably worse than New Zealand, two wicket keepers who are awful, though one can bat and they are likely to be missing Yousuf and Younis Khan. Which probably isn't much of a blow considering Yousuf's awful record against Aus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Pakistan will be humbled. Their top three is arguably worse than New Zealand, two wicket keepers who are awful, though one can bat and they are likely to be missing Yousuf and Younis Khan. Which probably isn't much of a blow considering Yousuf's awful record against Aus.
    Ther batting sucks..no doubt whatsoever but Pak's bowling is arguably superior to Australia's.If Asif gives the performance of his life,and he is capable on what are likely to be bowling friendly pitches,expect an upset.

Might try to get to the Lords match, would be interesting to view a Test Match in England dispassionately
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    There is nothing at all to indicate that Pakistan will win the series, much less avoid another whitewash. If we are to win a match, our bowling must perform at top standards, the openers must lay some type of a foundation to work from, and most of all we can’t drop a gazillion catches. Too much to ask for IMO.

Presumably (apologies to the BNP) this will be pretty much a home fixture for Pakistan? If they keep ticket prices down so that ordinary punters come through the door, I can't see many locals shouting for the Aussies. Obviously there'll be a few Aussies there though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    There is nothing at all to indicate that Pakistan will win the series, much less avoid another whitewash. If we are to win a match, our bowling must perform at top standards, the openers must lay some type of a foundation to work from, and most of all we can’t drop a gazillion catches. Too much to ask for IMO.
    The best thing about being in awful form is that you know a good series is around the corner..law of averages....Australia have not enjoyed a lot of success in England..that should work in Pak's favour.Pak's bowling>>>Australia's bowling IMO and Australia's batting also isn't looking all that great.If they get through the openers the middle order looks shaky with Ponting in very bad form...ya so he got 200 last time he played Pak but he was dropped on 0...you are right,fielding must improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Will watch every minute of it if Akthar comes back.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

Shame it's not being played in a place with similar conditions to Pakistan e.g. UAE

Would've made the series far more interesting IMO

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Presumably (apologies to the BNP) this will be pretty much a home fixture for Pakistan? If they keep ticket prices down so that ordinary punters come through the door, I can't see many locals shouting for the Aussies. Obviously there'll be a few Aussies there though.
    I imagine Headingley will be a virtual home fixture for Pakistan, but Lord's probably a more even split. Lord's will have more neutral people going too I suspect which will also dilute the advantage.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Hard to know who I want to lose more .... Nah, gotta root for Pakistan I reckon, and good point Avada - Australia haven't won a series in England since 2001, remember.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Shame it's not being played in a place with similar conditions to Pakistan e.g. UAE

Would've made the series far more interesting IMO
    I think that if Shoaib is back and both he and Asif are firing on all cylinders (unlikely I know, but hey...) then playing in English conditions is actually and advantage for Pakistan - especially considering the tests are at Headingley and Lord's with the slope that I imagine Asif will love bowling on.

Page 1 of 186 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information