• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

pasag

RTDAS
Twenty20 Series

1st T20I - 5 July
Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

2nd T20I - 6 July
Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

Test Series

1st Test - 13–17 July
Lord's Cricket Ground, London

2nd Test - 21–25 July
Headingley, Leed's

MCC to sponsor Australia-Pakistan series | Cricket News | Marylebone Cricket Club | Cricinfo.com

Spirit of cricket campaign being launched, new honours boards to be put up at Lord's for neutral matches.

On to the important stuff though, squads and starting XIs....

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm quite looking forward to this one.

Can't help thinking it will be a bit of a win for the BNP (an extreme right-wing / fascist party in the UK) - "look at these ****ing Pakistanis, Leeds is a home fixture for them".

That aside, should be fun. I might get myself down to Lord's for it. I may need an XXL Pakistan shirt though - do they do these without the name Inzamam on the back?

Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.
Pakistan will be humbled. Their top three is arguably worse than New Zealand, two wicket keepers who are awful, though one can bat and they are likely to be missing Yousuf and Younis Khan. Which probably isn't much of a blow considering Yousuf's awful record against Aus.

Pakistan will be humbled. Their top three is arguably worse than New Zealand, two wicket keepers who are awful, though one can bat and they are likely to be missing Yousuf and Younis Khan. Which probably isn't much of a blow considering Yousuf's awful record against Aus.
Ther batting sucks..no doubt whatsoever but Pak's bowling is arguably superior to Australia's.If Asif gives the performance of his life,and he is capable on what are likely to be bowling friendly pitches,expect an upset.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might try to get to the Lords match, would be interesting to view a Test Match in England dispassionately:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
There is nothing at all to indicate that Pakistan will win the series, much less avoid another whitewash. If we are to win a match, our bowling must perform at top standards, the openers must lay some type of a foundation to work from, and most of all we can’t drop a gazillion catches. Too much to ask for IMO.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Presumably (apologies to the BNP) this will be pretty much a home fixture for Pakistan? If they keep ticket prices down so that ordinary punters come through the door, I can't see many locals shouting for the Aussies. Obviously there'll be a few Aussies there though.

There is nothing at all to indicate that Pakistan will win the series, much less avoid another whitewash. If we are to win a match, our bowling must perform at top standards, the openers must lay some type of a foundation to work from, and most of all we can’t drop a gazillion catches. Too much to ask for IMO.
The best thing about being in awful form is that you know a good series is around the corner..law of averages....Australia have not enjoyed a lot of success in England..that should work in Pak's favour.Pak's bowling>>>Australia's bowling IMO and Australia's batting also isn't looking all that great.If they get through the openers the middle order looks shaky with Ponting in very bad form...ya so he got 200 last time he played Pak but he was dropped on 0...you are right,fielding must improve.

social

Shame it's not being played in a place with similar conditions to Pakistan e.g. UAE

Would've made the series far more interesting IMO

pskov

International 12th Man
Presumably (apologies to the BNP) this will be pretty much a home fixture for Pakistan? If they keep ticket prices down so that ordinary punters come through the door, I can't see many locals shouting for the Aussies. Obviously there'll be a few Aussies there though.
I imagine Headingley will be a virtual home fixture for Pakistan, but Lord's probably a more even split. Lord's will have more neutral people going too I suspect which will also dilute the advantage.

stumpski

International Captain
Hard to know who I want to lose more .... :p Nah, gotta root for Pakistan I reckon, and good point Avada - Australia haven't won a series in England since 2001, remember.

pskov

International 12th Man
Shame it's not being played in a place with similar conditions to Pakistan e.g. UAE

Would've made the series far more interesting IMO
I think that if Shoaib is back and both he and Asif are firing on all cylinders (unlikely I know, but hey...) then playing in English conditions is actually and advantage for Pakistan - especially considering the tests are at Headingley and Lord's with the slope that I imagine Asif will love bowling on.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, because they came close in Australia and they still have all of their stars playing for them... On form Pakistan will probably have suspended Asif between now and then for being rubbish...

Tbh their batting wont be enough even if Asif and Aamer restrict Australia well Bollinger will clean up a heap of batsmen that i will probably never have heard of.

Pothas

Will definetly be going to the Lords test, just really hope that it is competative however unlikely that seems at the moment. Will still be worth going though, plenty of players that I would like to watch, maybe Ponting playing his last test in England.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan vs Hilfy,Mitch and Bolly at leeds will be comical.

expecting a summer of Majestic Misbah and Fantastic Faisal.