• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep. The swap may help alleviate that, but North/Paine/Smith does not make for comfortable reading.

Katich
Clarke
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Smith
Haddin

Because if we swap things around, the problems will go away. Haha.
Ambitious call, that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swap Norf and Watto.
Even the Aussie side under Tubby was prone to collapses though. It's going to happen when you get favourable conditions for quality pace bowling, because batsmen everywhere these days just play early at the first line cos of the era they've played in.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to play in other eras mind you, because players adapt. But there will be more collapses when they aren't used to the moving ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
Happens far too often though. I don't think we've managed to string together four or five tests in a row without a hilarious failure from the middle/lower order.

Having said that, I think that 230-250 is still a very defendable score. Katich and Clarke have saved quite a few blushes here. Hussey too, although one feels Pakistan weren't trying their fullest to get him out (which I suppose is understandable)

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even the Aussie side under Tubby was prone to collapses though. It's going to happen when you get favourable conditions for quality pace bowling, because batsmen everywhere these days just play early at the first line cos of the era they've played in.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to play in other eras mind you, because players adapt. But there will be more collapses when they aren't used to the moving ball.
My suggestion may have been less than serious.

Let's just say, as a fan of good quick bowling, I'm really looking forward to see how Pakistan fare when they bat.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No need to get excited here, these were excellent bowling conditions. It would be nothing short of a miracle if Pakistan get past 150.
haha...exactly my sentiments if Pakistan score more then 150 in these conditions I will sell my house and live on the streets for the rest of my life and Asif should start juicing and start bowling again at 82-87 which he use to pre ban.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If the conditions are similar and Hilfenhaus actually bowls at the stumps he'll take five. At least.
Was thinking about this a bit more today. Imo the inexperienced Pakistani batsmen will probably go searching a bit, even when it's not on the stumps. Which turns Hilf into a superstar.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
MCC Spirit of Cricket test series scipt: Test 1

-Pakistan win the toss and send Australia in to bat
-After a reasonably good start, Australia collapse massively
-At the start of day 2, Pakistan faff about while Hussey and Bollinger add another 10 or so runs
-Pakistan bat and do a Pakistan'. They are all out for less than 200.
-Australia bat again and get 350-400. Clarke tons up.
-Pakistan flail around again and lose by 200 or so runs.

Sounds about right to me.

Xuhaib

International Coach
not confident that we can match up against Aus bowling but what the hell this is my team.

mon Pakistan.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'm surprised Hussey can function the way he does with testicles that large.

Another feather in his cap, I suppose.