• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Jakester1288

International Regular
Sick of this 2 Test bull****.

Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.
Asif.

Take it this won't be telecast on free-to-air tv in Oz. Shame, the timezone works out well for an evening's viewing here. Cmon SBS!
Yeah, I want it. I wish I had Austar though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
This might sound daft but not having Yousaf and Younus might actually be a blessing in disguise.If the rumours are true then those blokes had a lot to do with all the fighting and controversies within the team.It is not like they have been setting the world on fire with their batting recently either and both have ordinary records against Australia anyway.
I think that's possible in the long term. I'd be surprised if it were the case over the next 12 months though.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Australia will probably trounce Pakistan, what I really care about is Akthar being successful.
But if Akthar or Asif have a 'Hadlee' series with Australia, you never know.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don't care if Pakistan suffers innings defeats as long as guys like Umer Amin,Asad Shafiq,Naved Yasin get a chance yes they will in most probability fail but I doubt they would do worse then Misbah,Faisal, Farhat etcectra these guys are tried and tested failures and they should nowhere be in the touring 16.

How much faith do you have in the spin of the selectors that they are the problem?

Not saying it isn't true but the fact is they are
class players who any side could do with on the field.
No smoke without fire...and anyway Younus has not exactly been acting like an innocent man...skipping tours at will..going fishing instead....

Matt79

Global Moderator
Take it this won't be telecast on free-to-air tv in Oz. Shame, the timezone works out well for an evening's viewing here. Cmon SBS!
Just realised that it likely coincides with the soccer World Cup, so SBS certainly won't be showing it. And it's unlikely 9 will be willing to interrupt its nightly CSI - Des Moines marathon. Guessing Foxsports might, but don't have that... :(

pasag

RTDAS
Just realised that it likely coincides with the soccer World Cup, so SBS certainly won't be showing it. And it's unlikely 9 will be willing to interrupt its nightly CSI - Des Moines marathon. Guessing Foxsports might, but don't have that... :(
Nine or SBS would never show an away series not involving England anyways. Pub/stream will do the trick though.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I don't think Akhtar will be selected. PCB is not going to make another mistake like that. If they it will be quite dumb and unfair to many young players who deserve a chance.

Will certainly see Younis and Malik back. Mohammad Yousuf's inclusion ATM is far fetched. But both Malik and Younis have appealed their case and i am thinking they might get away with a fine.

This is infact going to be the most interesting test series after the Ashes in the recent history...note, its going to be...because of the factors involved. English pitches, Australia vs Pakistan.

Looking forward to seeing every minute of it.....more interesting would be to see White Brits in Greens supporting Pak!!!!!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
there are rumours circulating that Asif might be getting a jail term, that might just be the final nail in the coffin.

Matt79

Global Moderator
there are rumours circulating that Asif might be getting a jail term, that might just be the final nail in the coffin.
As if the PCB would let a small thing like someone being confined in a cell on the other side of the planet stop them from selecting someone.

Xuhaib

International Coach
For what? The Dubai thing?
Different case now.

He took loan from his ex after they broke up she asked for the money he gave her the cheque which bounced, she has filed charges against him and things are getting very messy again.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, read that this mornng. She's made several claims about him, saying he's been sending her threatening txts and messages; sent her cheques that bounced; is spending his earnings on performance enhancing drugs and would therefore fail another drugs test if he took one.

pasag

RTDAS
Different case now.

He took loan from his ex after they broke up she asked for the money he gave her the cheque which bounced, she has filed charges against him and things are getting very messy again.
:laugh:

Sorry shouldn't laugh, but no daytime soap opera writer could come up with more absurd stuff than this.