Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Which THREE champions will form the middle order of your DREAM ODI XI?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hussey

    3 4.76%
  • Bevan

    37 58.73%
  • De Villiers

    1 1.59%
  • Dhoni

    10 15.87%
  • Zaheer Abbas

    3 4.76%
  • Viv Richards

    50 79.37%
  • Kallis

    4 6.35%
  • Jones

    5 7.94%
  • Pietersen

    4 6.35%
  • Ponting

    31 49.21%
  • Sarwan

    0 0%
  • Mohammad Yousuff

    0 0%
  • Miandad

    1 1.59%
  • Michael Clarke

    0 0%
  • Klusener

    2 3.17%
  • G. Chappell

    1 1.59%
  • Symonds

    4 6.35%
  • Yuvraj

    0 0%
  • Raina

    0 0%
  • Aravinda De Silva

    6 9.52%
  • Jonty Rhodes

    0 0%
  • Brian Lara

    15 23.81%
  • Lehmann

    0 0%
  • Allan Lamb

    1 1.59%
  • Inzamam

    1 1.59%
  • Dravid

    1 1.59%
  • Chanderpaul

    0 0%
  • Collingwood

    3 4.76%
  • Ranatunga

    1 1.59%
  • Fairbrother

    3 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Dream ODI XI: Choose THREE middle order batsmen

  1. #16
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,029
    Viv, Symonds, Bevan. Got a bit of everything with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  2. #17
    Evil Scotsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    away from here
    Posts
    31,309
    Lara, Richards and Bevan.

    Voted for Dhoni as well by mistake.

  3. #18
    State Vice-Captain Blakus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,215
    King Viv, Ponting and Bevan. Abbas, Dhoni and a few others unlucky to miss out

  4. #19
    Cricketer Of The Year The Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,857
    In the same way that Tendulkar didn't need my vote, neither does Viv - so I've gone with Ponting, Deano and Zaheer Abbas. Three magnificent ODI batsmen who IMO are all under-appreciated to some degree.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos


  5. #20
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,300
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    In the same way that Tendulkar didn't need my vote, neither does Viv - so I've gone with Ponting, Deano and Zaheer Abbas. Three magnificent ODI batsmen who IMO are all under-appreciated to some degree.
    I'm using the same logic for Bevan and assume he’ll easily get in (I simply have to vote for Viv, can't help myself). I’m gonna throw some love at Zaheer. He was a seriously good ODI player. I think the passage of time, and the fact there weren’t as many games televised back then, has eroded his impact on people’s memories.

  6. #21
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    24,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I'm using the same logic for Bevan and assume he’ll easily get in (I simply have to vote for Viv, can't help myself). I’m gonna throw some love at Zaheer. He was a seriously good ODI player. I think the passage of time, and the fact there weren’t as many games televised back then, has eroded his impact on people’s memories.
    who is the third?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,221
    Went for Richards,Ponting and Dhoni.

  8. #23
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    9,385
    Viv Richards, Ricky W Ponting and Michael Bevan for me.

    God, these things are difficult. There's no real way of knowing if these three are any better than, say, Lara, Jones and Hussey, or Javed, Symonds and Zaheer.

    It's even harder with the fast bowlers mind you.

    I reckon that if we picked a 2nd XI it would have an excellent chance of beating the 1st XI.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,221
    Zaremba is spot on.

    Team 1

    1.AC Gilchrist
    2.SR Tendulkar
    3.RT Ponting
    4.V Richards
    5.M Bevan
    6.C Cairns
    7.S Pollock
    8.W Akram
    9.M Murali
    10.J Garner
    11.G Mcgrath

    Team 2

    1.S Jayasuriya
    2.M Hayden
    3.B Lara
    4.J Miandad
    5.A Symonds
    6.L Klusener
    7.MS Dhoni
    8.I Khan
    9.S Warne
    10.W Younus
    11.C Ambrose

    Who is your money on?

  10. #25
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,300
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    who is the third?
    Went for Ponting as my 3rd. I reckons a middle order of Bevan, Richards, and Ponting is pretty awesome.

  11. #26
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Zaremba is spot on.

    Team 1

    1.AC Gilchrist
    2.SR Tendulkar
    3.RT Ponting
    4.V Richards
    5.M Bevan
    6.C Cairns
    7.S Pollock
    8.W Akram
    9.M Murali
    10.J Garner
    11.G Mcgrath

    Team 2

    1.S Jayasuriya
    2.M Hayden
    3.B Lara
    4.J Miandad
    5.A Symonds
    6.L Klusener
    7.MS Dhoni
    8.I Khan
    9.S Warne
    10.W Younus
    11.C Ambrose

    Who is your money on?
    Have to say, team 2 looks fantastic as well.

  12. #27
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,482
    Viv, Ponting and Dhoni for me.

  13. #28
    State Regular Maximus0723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    926
    Would have really liked...

    Lara, Sachin = Openers
    Viv, Abbas, Dhoni, Bevan = MO

    Difference between Lara and Gilly as opener is greater then difference between Dhoni and Gilly as a keeper.

  14. #29
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    30,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Viv, Ponting and Dhoni for me.
    Yeah, same here. Symonds a bit unlucky to miss out for me. Compares quite well with Ponting because he also brings handy bowling and superhuman fielding to his ability to score extremely quickly. But despite this I still had to go with Ponting. I suppose I just consider Ponting almost synonymous with success in ODI cricket.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 12-04-2010 at 11:30 AM.

  15. #30
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah, same here. Symonds a bit unlucky to miss out for me. Compares quite well with Ponting because he also brings handy bowling and superhuman fielding to his ability to score extremely quickly. But despite this I still had to go with Ponting. I suppose I just consider Ponting almost synonymous with success in ODI cricket.
    Was pretty much my though process, I absolutely love Symonds as a limited overs cricketer. Can turn matches on their head with the bat or with a brilliant piece of fielding as well as being a decent option with the ball but I just couldn't leave out Ponting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Top 100 Test Batsmen - newly revised and updated
    By Days of Grace in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. CW Battrick Cup
    By NZTailender in forum Battrick
    Replies: 810
    Last Post: 30-12-2007, 06:13 AM
  3. Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 22-01-2004, 04:34 AM
  4. Lists
    By Kimbo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-11-2002, 04:22 AM
  5. Canterbury players that im willing to trade
    By deckard in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-09-2002, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •