• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bcci

Should BCCI run cricket instead of the ICC?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
They have the most money, people, Cricinfo dedicates a lot of time to the IPL, and as a business so they should, and our Indian friends on here would make a fair sizeable portion of the nationality of members on here. Pawar is set to take over the ICC, so why not just cut out the middlemen and make the BCCI the leading body in cricket. Everybody votes for them anyway. At least until John Howard takes over (:sick:)

Keep the MCC for being in charge of the rules, and do umpire appointments, as well as keeping them independent, as no ICC board member can work for MCC, and the keep scheduled World Cups as they are, but I don't really see what relevance the ICC has. BCCI rules the roost, as he who has the most money rules. Nothing wrong with it, that is how it is in the world.

Wouldn't concern me in the slightest if they ran cricket or not.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ramesh Powar, the off-spinner set to take over cricket? He should team up with Dwayne Leverock. It would be a powerful duo at the top table.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They have the most money, people, Cricinfo dedicates a lot of time to the IPL, and as a business so they should, and our Indian friends on here would make a fair sizeable portion of the nationality of members on here. Pawar is set to take over the ICC, so why not just cut out the middlemen and make the BCCI the leading body in cricket. Everybody votes for them anyway. At least until John Howard takes over (:sick:)

Keep the MCC for being in charge of the rules, and do umpire appointments, as well as keeping them independent, as no ICC board member can work for MCC, and the keep scheduled World Cups as they are, but I don't really see what relevance the ICC has. BCCI rules the roost, as he who has the most money rules. Nothing wrong with it, that is how it is in the world.

Wouldn't concern me in the slightest if they ran cricket or not.
It would concern me a great deal.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I certainly don't want Aston Villa running cricket.

They will just bottle it at the business end.

Sir Alex

Banned
Don't think bcci will agree to that. For that would bring accountability and responsibilty to the authority they are anyway enjoying.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You just Godwinned this discussion Got_Spin.

And the answer is no. They wouldn't want to do it, and it wouldn't be a good idea. They are thugs.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Plus, they are busy causing earthquackes in Haiti and Chile, causing global warming, killing journalists in Iraq, creating huge trade defecits with china, etc.