• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Martin > Sachin Tendulkar (IMO)

Craig

World Traveller
SRT is just on another planet compared to the rest (including RTP), but I prefer Chris Martin then SRT, obviously Martin is not fit to knock in SRT's bat, and there can be no denying SRT's status as one of the greatest batsmen ever, but when Martin actually gets bat on ball and God forbid, get runs, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable with myself, and I can appreciate somebody using whatever little talent he has with the bat and has actually scored a run. And besides if he scores more then 10 runs, it makes me question HTF did he do that, and whether or not the bowlers were being nice, or just dire. And if he scores runs, then it makes me feel as though I could do it as well.

Nothing compares to SRT (:ph34r:), but Martin is more entertaining for mine.

Craig

World Traveller
SRT could bat left handed and could still score a century, well maybe Martin should try batting left handed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Why would you post something like this? Honestly, all it does is rile up other members on the forum. Posts like these, and like many others you've made in the past, are utter junk and I for one, would like to see one month bans handed out for the perpetrator. If this was a reasonable discussion, such as mangoes>Tendulkar, I could understand but nevertheless, this is worthless. I HATE YOU GUYS

Teja.

Global Moderator
SRT is just on another planet compared to the rest (including RTP), but I prefer Chris Martin then SRT, obviously Martin is not fit to knock in SRT's bat, and there can be no denying SRT's status as one of the greatest batsmen ever, but when Martin actually gets bat on ball and God forbid, get runs, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable with myself, and I can appreciate somebody using whatever little talent he has with the bat and has actually scored a run. And besides if he scores more then 10 runs, it makes me question HTF did he do that, and whether or not the bowlers were being nice, or just dire. And if he scores runs, then it makes me feel as though I could do it as well.

Nothing compares to SRT (:ph34r:), but Martin is more entertaining for mine.
How can you even compare both of them? When comparing great players like this, subjective analysis is best. Both are the masters of their style of batting, Chris Martin is infinitely more fun to watch batting than Viv Richards while Sachin is a league ahead of his contemparies,we should consider ourselves blessed that we can admire two such masters in the same era and move on. Chris Martin has never gotten out once has crossed 10 runs which shows whaddaplya he is! Tedulkar however has gotten out in similar situations over 400 times. Chris Martin also has never been dismissed in a WC Final while that cheapstake SRT has been dismissed for 4 runs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can fully understand that Martin is a better batsman to watch.

I like to see wickets fall; preferably with one of the stumps flying out of the ground and careering towards the boundary. Martin delivers in this area much more frequently and with infinitely better regularity than Tendulkar.

Let's face it, in these days of shortening attention spans, Chris Martin should be a lesson to us all.

pasag

RTDAS
Sachin never had to deal with the pressure Martin has to deal with as a batsman on a daily basis. Also his superduper average is much better than SRT's.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin never had to deal with the pressure Martin has to deal with as a batsman on a daily basis. Also his superduper average is much better than SRT's.
What about the pressure that the keeper behind Martin has to face every day. Those cartwheeling stumps could do some serious damage.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about the pressure that the keeper behind Martin has to face every day. Those cartwheeling stumps could do some serious damage.
Only Brendan McCullum would be at risk. So, who cares?

(Note: Martin doesn't play ODIs or 20:20s where Hopkins or McGlashan may be keeping, and in first class cricket the bowler is unlikely to be quick enough to send the stumps far enough to injure the keeper)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Only Brendan McCullum would be at risk. So, who cares?

(Note: Martin doesn't play ODIs or 20:20s where Hopkins or McGlashan may be keeping, and in first class cricket the bowler is unlikely to be quick enough to send the stumps far enough to injure the keeper)
Why would McCullum keep when Martin is batting? :wacko:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I actually agree with Craig. The crowd cheers every single run Martin gets as if it was the greatest run in history.