• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream ODI XI: Vote for the SPINNER

Who will be the primary spinner in your Dream ODI XI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Ummm....

A poll would be handy :p

EDIT: Hmm. Never mind, must've bugged out for me.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Tough choice given the long tail that would be presented if either of Murali, Warne or Saqlain are selected.

Given we are talking about an all time great ODI XI, I would expect the top seven and Akram to do the run scoring. On that basis I select Muralitharan, in my opinion the best spin bowler to ever play ODI's. You can only imagine the carnage he would unleash if he had a high quality pace attack in support.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I went for Murali too.

I considered Hogg and Vettori as they would make the batting stronger, but figured both players would look a little out of place in an all time ODI team.

Thinking about this a little more, why couldn't we have picked 2 spinners, because it's almost certain that the number 7 is going to be a pace bowler. Always love the 3 quicks and 2 spinners combination.

bagapath

International Captain
I went for Murali too.

I considered Hogg and Vettori as they would make the batting stronger, but figured both players would look a little out of place in an all time ODI team.

Thinking about this a little more, why couldn't we have picked 2 spinners, because it's almost certain that the number 7 is going to be a pace bowler. Always love the 3 quicks and 2 spinners combination.
the top runner up spinner will be included in the poll along with allrounders and top runner up middle order batsmen.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne. Statistically as good or close enough to the others. Was absolute champion at WCs and has an amazing record there. His performances in 99 will be amongst the greatest in the history of cricket. He also was a decent bat and excellent slip fielder.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Saqlain for me .

His record in Odi's,both average,economy and even strike rate is immense.

I know Murali or Warne will win based on their test performances but ,Saqlain was the ultimate ODI spinner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Warne. Statistically as good or close enough to the others. Was absolute champion at WCs and has an amazing record there. His performances in 99 will be amongst the greatest in the history of cricket. He also was a decent bat and excellent slip fielder.
He never really produced the goods batting in ODIs, an average of 13.05 backs this up.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali. Heads and shoulders above the rest because of longevity. Warne and Murali equal at their peaks, but Murali's peak lasted much longer. Saqlain had the best peak, but when able players of spin figured out his doosra got ineffective.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Warne. I posted in the other thread about how given very a good pace attack, I'd prefer the slightly bigger X-factor to the machine.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murali. Can understand voting Warne over Murali in Tests, but no debate in ODIs IMO.

Ummm....

A poll would be handy :p

EDIT: Hmm. Never mind, must've bugged out for me.
When you make a thread with a poll, you first click the 'make thread' button which then leads you into the poll options. So the thread will exist for a while without a poll, allowing smart alecs CW wide to make fools of themselves when it does eventually appear :p

Last edited: