• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsmens with the best average against Australia and West Indies?

That stat surprises me - not that I disbelieve it, I suppose it's just that I don't recall Kallis playing any particularly big or memorable knocks. I guess though, in inimitable JHK style, he has just efficiently and consistently accumulated runs while others have been up and down.
Nail on the head mate...it is exactly why Kallis is so underrated.People just assume he is selfish and has inflated stats because of Zim/Bang

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

gotta note IN Australia there, Sean. :)
Isn't that more important than doing well against them at home?Even bats like Sehwag and Anwar have 50+ averages against Mcgrath/Warne at home.If you really want to get into the nitty and gritty of it then you have to consider how well a batsman batted against them in their own backyard..otherwise you might as well use overall records against Aus...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Isn't that more important than doing well against them at home?Even bats like Sehwag and Anwar have 50+ averages against Mcgrath/Warne at home.If you really want to get into the nitty and gritty of it then you have to consider how well a batsman batted against them in their own backyard..otherwise you might as well use overall records against Aus...
I am not gonna get into some long drawn out argument here, coz I can see where it will go but I think conditions in RSA and Australia are more than just comparable.. They are extremely similar, AFAIC. And as for your logic that Lara is over rated, most cricketers and cricket watchers don't seem to think so and that is good enough for me. I have had enough of CC debates from recent experience, so I will leave it at that...

I am not gonna get into some long drawn out argument here, coz I can see where it will go but I think conditions in RSA and Australia are more than just comparable.. They are extremely similar, AFAIC. And as for your logic that Lara is over rated, most cricketers and cricket watchers don't seem to think so and that is good enough for me. I have had enough of CC debates from recent experience, so I will leave it at that...
I did not say lara himself is overrated...I said his record against Aus is slightly overrated.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
I did not say lara himself is overrated...I said his record against Aus is slightly overrated.
Sydney 93
Perth 97
Kingston 99
Bridgetown 99
Adelaide 05 all say hi.
Lara didn't have the luxury of facing 2nd team Aussie bowling units like teh Indians.

Last edited by a moderator: