• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar as a World Cup player (posts moved here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry mate but I just get annoyed when people get "rated" because of performances when the pressure really isnt on
You must have missed the fallout in India when we struggled past Netherlands and lost badly to Australia in the group stages. Players' houses were attacked. Now that's pressure for you.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You must have missed the fallout in India when we struggled past Netherlands and lost badly to Australia in the group stages. Players' houses were attacked. Now that's pressure for you.
TBH, you cant criticise Tendy too much (despite what many Indian supporters would've had you believe until a couple of years ago and 1 failure in a WC Final), it's more Dhoni I'm concerned with

Sorry mate but I just get annoyed when people get "rated" because of performances when the pressure really isnt on
Yup like single handedly demolishing Wasim.Waqar.Akhtar in the biggest game of your life or ensuring that India won the semi final - Kenya was a weak team but we are talking pressure here not opposition.Go have a look at what your Mark Waugh says about how the pressure on him is in no way comparable to the pressure under which Tendulkar bats. Tendulkar has been fabulous in all World cups he has played bar the 2007 one.MoS in 2003,highest run-getter in 1999 I believe and did well in 1996 as well.

social

Yup like single handedly demolishing Wasim.Waqar.Akhtar in the biggest game of your life or ensuring that India won the semi final - Kenya was a weak team but we are talking pressure here not opposition.Go have a look at what your Mark Waugh says about how the pressure on him is in no way comparable to the pressure under which Tendulkar bats. Tendulkar has been fabulous in all World cups he has played bar the 2007 one.MoS in 2003,highest run-getter in 1999 I believe and did well in 1996 as well.
Great player but not the best in 2003 IMO

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
First A Sir alex Ferguson needs to leave thread on a Manchester united forum and now this.

Some people try their best to not be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So SRT has scored more runs at a better average than anyone in WCs

Can you seriously claim that he's in the top 5 WC batsmen ever - no friggin way

Anyway, let's not derail the thread - anyone that believes MSD is better than Bevan assigns more importance to just another series in the subcontinent than the most important tournies

Pretty simple really and the suggestion is really farcical IMO
Cricket Records | Records | World Cup | Most runs | Cricinfo.com

Certainly seems so 8-)And at a better strike rate too.

Now just stop this nonsense.:cool:

social

Off the top of my head, Richards, Lloyd, Ponting, Hayden, Gilchrist, Bevan, S Waugh, De Silva, Jayasuriya, Kalu etc etc etc have all had significantly more impact on the WCs than Tendy

social

Are you referring to a great WC Innings or a great ODI Innings?
WC

And please dont cite 1st round etc

I love Tendy but his record in important ODIs is ridiculously overrated

Give me a Steve Waugh innings vs SA 1999 any day over 30 knocks that mean nothing in the scheme of things

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well obviously the best batsman in a WC has to be the one who has the best bowlers. Lee is the best batsman in WC of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.