• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream ODI XI: Choose THREE fast bowlers

Who will be the THREE fast bowlers in your Dream ODI XI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
And he did that in a time when powerplays etc had come in and scores were generally getting bigger.
true. i went for hadlee because i love the idea of my no 8 belting a fifty when the opposition thinks they've got on top of my team. and paddles was no average leather flinger either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
true. i went for hadlee because i love the idea of my no 8 belting a fifty when the opposition thinks they've got on top of my team. and paddles was no average leather flinger either.
Yeah, I went for Pollock for this reason. But it'd help to see the makeup of the team first.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Voted for Akram, Mcgrath and Pollock without seeing Hadlee's name. Would like to replace Pollock with Hadlee if possible.

FBU

International Debutant
Younis because of the number of 5fers
Bond for his strike rate
Flintoff for his death bowling

I wonder how some of those great bowlers in the past would have done with the powerplays and the strike rate of batsmen nowadays.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Gone with Garner, McGrath and Akram.

Garner I consider the greatest ODI bowler of all time. McGrath simply awesome for such a long period of time. The last choice for me was between Akram and Donald. Hard to split the two considering how destructive both could be, picked Akram based on extra batting ability.
Agree on Garner.

Went with Akram and Lee for my other 2, Akram at his best was unplayable and Lee has a SR under 30.

McGrath got pipped by Akram mainly because of his batting but also because of his ability to swing the ball.

For the 3rd bowler i wanted a slightly lower SR than the other 2, Donald, Lee and Waqar are the 3 best. Went with Lee as he has the lowest SR of the 3 and he is also a better batsman and fielder.

bagapath

International Captain
pretty good response so far. 47 votes and about 30 people have chose three bowlers. looks set for me.

Debris

International 12th Man
Went with McGrath and Garner for economy and Lee for great strike-rate. I want 4 so I can have Akram as well

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Mcgrath, Akram and Waqar.

The latter is the odd one because despite the economy telling me otherwise, I am still convinced limited overs cricket (even 20/20) needs an out-and-out wicket taker for the occasions your batsmen put on a not so mighty 120 all out.

Only wickets will do in this scenario and that's when the Waqars come in.