• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh Mr Taufel, what have you said?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
CW's resident favourite umpire hasn't done himself any favours here:

"Let's hope the Bangladeshis go as long as their national anthem" -
Simon Taufel, the third umpire at the recent Darwin Test, airs his
gag a little too loudly. After complaints from the Bangladesh
management, and a ticking-off from the match referee Mike Procter, Taufel enters the Bangladesh dressing-room to apologise.

Whats your take on this Eyes? ;)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
While alot of people would agree with Taufel..its not the brightest thing to say when he's considered to be one of the top umpires in the game because there are also alot of people who could be offended by that.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
CW's resident favourite umpire hasn't done himself any favours here:

"Let's hope the Bangladeshis go as long as their national anthem" -
Simon Taufel, the third umpire at the recent Darwin Test, airs his
gag a little too loudly. After complaints from the Bangladesh
management, and a ticking-off from the match referee Mike Procter, Taufel enters the Bangladesh dressing-room to apologise.

Whats your take on this Eyes? ;)
Hey guys...

Sorry for the late reply but real life has gotten in the way!!

Not sure what to make of this...I know many have said that he was just expressing what most people were thinking...but a little tact was needed don't you think??

I guess it's a case of "Think it...don't say it!"

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea i think its a bit too much.. we dont needs commments like that for umpires..

its totally demoralizing for a young team to hear such things publically..

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hahaha thats brilliant.

lets face it, the guy is an aussie and we say that sort of thing all the time, and nobody takes it seriously, and neither should the bangladeshis

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
hahaha thats brilliant.

lets face it, the guy is an aussie and we say that sort of thing all the time, and nobody takes it seriously, and neither should the bangladeshis
True, but I'm sure Dav Whatmore wasnt too happy hering that.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
DD's set the record straight on this issue.

He was misquoted, misunderstood or ratfaced at the time