• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Championship Division 1 Preview

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent preview Paul

What do you think is going to happen?

I predict Durham will win at a canter but the competition between the other eight will be tight with most unsure of their fate till September - but ultimately Warks and God's own county slipping into division two

Woodster

International Captain
Excellent preview Paul

What do you think is going to happen?

I predict Durham will win at a canter but the competition between the other eight will be tight with most unsure of their fate till September - but ultimately Warks and God's own county slipping into division two
Cheers mate!

I actually think Hampshire, should they manage to field their strongest XI or thereabouts, more often than not, than I think they'll really push Durham possibly even pip them to the title, but they do need a few availability problems to go their way.

In terms of sides going down, I think Warwickshire are going struggle, especially when the Test summer gets underway and Bell and Trott disappear from Edgbaston. While Imran Tahir's a decent signing, just don't think they'll get enough runs on the board, consistently enough.

The other side I think will endure a long summer is Yorkshire. Big pressure on Jaques Rudolph to hold the batting order together, just think they lack a bit of experience in crucial areas. A big summer from Adil Rashid may go some way towards preserving their first division status, but not even sure that will be enough.