Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Akhtar selected for Pentangular Cup

Akhtar selected for Pentangular Cup

Well now he has something to do, finally. Will he make a comeback or will he prove that he is long gone? I hope he isn't tbh but hey-ho if he is, at least he can burn some cals.

LINK:Shoaib Akhtar selected for one-day Pentangular | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

U19 Debutant
    nice, but i doubt he will be like his former self, he is turning 35, though i hope he can have another go in international cricket, i would like to see him bowling in the 2011 world cup, then after that he should retire

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    With the surgery may be he is lighter on his feet and perhaps can bowl fast...but then again the stamina is not their so that will hurt.

If someone has his latest pics it would good to see if he looks fit or not....
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    With the surgery may be he is lighter on his feet and perhaps can bowl fast...but then again the stamina is not their so that will hurt.

If someone has his latest pics it would good to see if he looks fit or not....
    Yeah I mean the latest pic I saw was his warty one or the one with him leaving the gaddafi stadium.

Banned
    Good decision by the PCB.Expect Shoaib to make a brilliant comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Would make an international comeback: Shoaib Akhtar

Thursday, 08 Apr, 2010

Age is catching up, fitness was never his strength and he has lost his central contract as well but 34-year-old insists he is not done just yet and would make an international comeback soon.

“I am thankful to the board for giving me this opportunity to prove myself again and I want to give it my best effort,” cricket365 quoted Akhtar as saying.

He also made it clear that people who were writing him off are making a mistake.

“One of the reasons for my struggle with fitness and form in the last few series I played was because of the knee problem I had. I just never got the time to get it operated upon,” he said.

“But now that the surgery has been done and the rehabilitation process has also gone well, I am back to my top fitness and the knee problem is no longer a hindrance in my giving my best on the field,” he added.

Akhtar, who has taken 178 Test and 223 one-day wickets, said he was hoping to make a comeback to the team for the tour to England where Pakistan will play against Australia and the hosts.

“The England tour would be the perfect place for me to comeback as it has good conditions for bowling and the best facilities for a bowler coming back from an injury,” he said.

Akhtar said he was confident of convincing the selectors about his pace and experience in the two tough Test series against Australia and England.

The fast bowler has not played for Pakistan since May 2009 when he played against Australia in Dubai. Since then injuries and disciplinary issues have kept him out of the national team.

“Playing for Pakistan again is a big challenge for me now and I want to be successful,” he added.

The fast bowler was not given a central contract recently by the board.

Source: Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Would make an international comeback: Shoaib Akhtar

Thursday, 08 Apr, 2010

Age is catching up, fitness was never his strength and he has lost his central contract as well but 34-year-old insists he is not done just yet and would make an international comeback soon.

“I am thankful to the board for giving me this opportunity to prove myself again and I want to give it my best effort,” cricket365 quoted Akhtar as saying.

He also made it clear that people who were writing him off are making a mistake.

“One of the reasons for my struggle with fitness and form in the last few series I played was because of the knee problem I had. I just never got the time to get it operated upon,” he said.

“But now that the surgery has been done and the rehabilitation process has also gone well, I am back to my top fitness and the knee problem is no longer a hindrance in my giving my best on the field,” he added.

Akhtar, who has taken 178 Test and 223 one-day wickets, said he was hoping to make a comeback to the team for the tour to England where Pakistan will play against Australia and the hosts.

“The England tour would be the perfect place for me to comeback as it has good conditions for bowling and the best facilities for a bowler coming back from an injury,” he said.

Akhtar said he was confident of convincing the selectors about his pace and experience in the two tough Test series against Australia and England.

The fast bowler has not played for Pakistan since May 2009 when he played against Australia in Dubai. Since then injuries and disciplinary issues have kept him out of the national team.

“Playing for Pakistan again is a big challenge for me now and I want to be successful,” he added.

The fast bowler was not given a central contract recently by the board.

Source: Dawn
    He's been saying that for a looong time and now I think wether or not he actually makes a comeback depends on him now, since the board have given in.

Thread Information