2 4.44%
  • Z

2 4.44%
  • Babe Ruth

5 11.11%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The no stats thread

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Cut the crap, guys. Let's try stay on topic.
    Will do.

Lara for me was exciting to watch, but not beautiful. Don't know that I can explain the difference better. For me personally, with batting, beauty is most displayed in the apparently idolent. Guys like Waugh and Gower rather than Lara or Sachin. I'm not criticising how the latter two bat, or saying that they aren't effortless, but I can't really explain it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Will do.

Lara for me was exciting to watch, but not beautiful. Don't know that I can explain the difference better. For me personally, with batting, beauty is most displayed in the apparently idolent. Guys like Waugh and Gower rather than Lara or Sachin. I'm not criticising how the latter two bat, or saying that they aren't effortless, but I can't really explain it better.
    Felt like Lara was always fidgeting around at the crease. Probably because of his shuffle across that makes him a little less 'beautiful' to watch
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

I think I meant as well that he looked like he hit the ball hard. It still looked effortless for him or Sachin to do, but at the risk of repeating myself, they look like they hit the ball hard. The charm of a Mark Waugh is that sometimes he didn't seem to do more than let the ball hit his bat and yet it would fly. I'm frustrated at my inability to a) explain this better, and b) be more sure I'm not just trying to rationalise a subjective whim...
    Last edited by Matt79; 05-04-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I think I meant as well that he looked like he hit the ball hard. It didn't look like it wasn't effortless for him or Sachin to do, but at the risk of repeating myself, they look like they hit the ball hard. The charm of a Mark Waugh is that sometimes he didn't seem to do more than let the ball hit his bat and yet it would fly. I'm frustrated at my inability to a) explain this better, and b) be more sure I'm not just trying to rationalise a subjective whim...
    Oh right I get it. It felt like mark waugh would just flick it almost and the ball would just fly away.

I generally don't like fidgeting though. I yell at Chanderpaul and find Katich grating.

Katich has to be the ugliest batsmen

Personally, I found Lara to have a sort of majestic quality to his technique. Almost like a unique combination of art and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Personally, I found Lara to have a sort of majestic quality to his technique. Almost like a unique combination of art and power.
    Lara's cut shot was amazing for that

I liked watching Ganguly when in form. Some of his off side shots were brilliantly timed.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Didn't realise there was a poll.

Yeah Lara was my fav to watch ever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    What is the point of these posts other than to rile up some members here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Frankly all your posts have been junk in this thread. Infact all your posts lately have been junk and so is your humor.

I am sick of this continuous nonsense on CW which has been hijacked by some morons.
    Posts like these do absolutely nothing for the site either Sanz. There was no need for you to get involved in the thread, and no need for you to refer to anyone as a moron, or their posts as junk.

If you don't like what someone has posted, report the post and leave it to the moderating team to decide a) whether there's an issue and b) what, if any, sanctions will be given for the posts. It's not for you to take the law into your own hands, and it's certainly not your place to make posts like the 2 above which do absolutely nothing to help the forum atmosphere.

Got_Spin, I appreciate that in this instance Sanz attacked you, but retaliating in kind does nothing to help the situation either - the CW forum rules are quite specific in regards to this.

Both of you can consider this a warning. Cut it out.

As andyc has already requested that we get back on topic, if anyone wants to discuss this, they can email the moderators or discuss it in Site Discussion. Any posts in the thread relating to this will be deleted.
    Last edited by Furball; 05-04-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    ​63*

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Lara indeed.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

vcs
    Voted for Laxman. What does the Z option stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Felt like Lara was always fidgeting around at the crease. Probably because of his shuffle across that makes him a little less 'beautiful' to watch
    Disagree there; in fact I often felt he'd left it too late. Never seemed hurried to me.

I wouldn't hold Lara up as an example of how to bat, because to mere mortals because his backlift and aray of shots would be fatal.

With classical batters like Waugh or Vaughan one admired the execution, but with Lara it was more like "Huh; how has he done that?"
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    With classical batters like Waugh or Vaughan one admired the execution, but with Lara it was more like "Huh; how has he done that?"
    Yeah exactly and it's the big difference between Lara and someone like Tendulkar too. With Tendulkar, he gives a really good look at a damn near flawless technique so you can see how he does what he does but he just does it far better than anyone else. With Lara, you just had to throw the hands up and wonder how that just happened sometimes, the famous hip-flick a case in point.

Not saying Tendulkar didn't have his moments of innovation (far from it) just that it was a more noteworthy part of Lara's batting.

EDIT: I won't post my Lara/Tendulkar art comparison as much as Jono loves it. Sooo 2003.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information