• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Pakistan Thread

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
this might actually be a more interesting contest and i might actually bother to see the score for a match involving bangladesh..

since this isnt the most experienced or consistent pakistani side missing anwar, akram and mushtaq[both] younis etc...

i wonder why saqlain doesnt claim a place here, is he too old? if so why has inzamam 'one run is enough' ul-haq in team

or did i just dream up his selection

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gibbsnsmith said:
i wonder why saqlain doesnt claim a place here, is he too old? if so why has inzamam 'one run is enough' ul-haq in team

or did i just dream up his selection
Saqlain is committed to Surrey for the season and the PCB felt the Bangladeshi series ample for him to carry out these committments instead of playing for Pakistan. IMO that's fair enough.

Also, you did not just dream up Inzamam's selection. He and Youhana should expectedly put the Bangladeshi bowling to the sword.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
should be interesting this. Finally some big time cricket arrives here, probably why its a full tour. But an inexperienced team might just flutter a little. Especially with the terrible recent home record Pakistan has. The batsmen should do alright. The bowlers will sweat it out really!

oh and Inzamam 'half a run is enough' ul-haq

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
For some reason, Bangladesh seen to do better against the better sides. (e.g: against zimbabwe they get slaughtered)

hope Inzamam 'I really like pie a lot' Ul-haq is playing.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan are notorious for taking weaker teams lightly so now that Bangladesh have had some good cricket against Australia, they might be able to surprise Pakistan.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm 110% behind Bangladesh. Hasn't helped them yet.

Bangladesh may drop Mohammad Ashraful for debutant Rajin Saleh but fellow new cap Alamgir Kabir is likely to miss out.

Mohammad Hafeez, Yasir Hameed, Umar Gul and Shabbir Ahmed all debut for Pakistan whilst Inzamam returns to the starting XI.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh 97/1 at lunch.

Bashar 61*
Sarkar 27*

very good start by Bangladesh, it remains to be seen though whether they can continue this.

Mr. P

bangladesh players doing well are *surprise surprise* sarker and bashar. these guys can bat. i really hope one of them goes on with it and makes a big ton. that would really make my day.

Mr. P

play has started after lunch. sarker starts with 4. lets not get too hyped up over this good start, they could collapse any minute now.

Mr. P

this is good from bangla, both batsmen starting to lash out now. bashar 71, sarker 41...oooh i now eat my words. sarker gone for 41.

Mr. P

i might not have to eat just the words, i'll eat myself. bashar gone on 71. they are falling apart. khaled mahmud is in ahead of kapali and well, everyone. this is a problem. i think theyhave promoted mashrafe.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
this guy Saleh has a very good first class average of 47 & he's currently worked his way to 26* against Pakistan.

Mr. P

true, he seems good, but don't get too worked up over him, as he is most likely to be as good as the others:rolleyes:

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
160/4

the ;ast i checked and that was offf 40 overs

im impressed by both sides, gul and shabir look like they have resonable talent but they sorly need experience, bashar was looking quality until he played that silly shot, shoaib s not chucking the ball about too badly as well

whats the score now,

161 allout?