• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW UK Summer Meetup 2011

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After speaking to a few people it seems like a good idea to make a thread.
Apparently it's been a while since the last, so now is a good a time as any to have the next!

Where and when is yet to be finalised so right now this thread is for suggestions as much as anything.

I'll throw one out there for people to contemplate.
Date : August 14th
Event : Twenty20 Finals Day

Hopefully we can sort something out :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll shoot down in the unlikely event that I'm in England- we should get the more Northern contingent to a game while I'm still around though. England-Bangladesh at Old Trafford at the start of June, anyone?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I already have tix for a day of that one

Hampshire a bit far - I quite fancy T20 finals though - depends on the funds really, as I have the Leeds Festival at the end of August. Only going to one day, but it's Guns N' Roses so I'll be needing the pennies tbh

Pothas

I would be up for this, or a meeting at any point really. Just need enough notice.
Very good chance of me going to finals day, missed the last one we had because I was in Australia and we actullay have a decent chance of making it this time. Does depend on price a little bit though.

Will definetly be at the England v Bangladesh and Pakistan v Australia test matches a Lords if you are up for either of those.

Might go to England v Pakistan if it reaches day 5, days 1-4 too expensive.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, up for finals day. We do need to get things in motion early, mind, to get tickets in the same place.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Dunno, have hardly any time this summer, but I'd be up for meeting up somewhere. Can't really go too far south though; full of southerners and quite a long way away. Need to buy Pickup a beer at some point or another as well, maybe towards the end of the CC season when I'm 18.

Last edited:

Matteh

I nominate Birmingham for it's impeccable central location, top class ground and team, ease of turning up on the day and having a net and general all round excellent facilities.

Finals day will struggle to be a viable option for a large meetup due to the fact noone really lives in Hampshire and everyone will have to pay something like £40 to even get in.

Jarquis

I nominate Birmingham for it's impeccable central location, top class ground and team, ease of turning up on the day and having a net and general all round excellent facilities.

Finals day will struggle to be a viable option for a large meetup due to the fact noone really lives in Hampshire and everyone will have to pay something like £40 to even get in.
Yeah, cheapest tickets are £50 IIRC. Though you get a free child ticket with each adult... no idea what constitutes a child though.

Wasn't sure how people would feel about it, I know that if I'm going to be travelling for a good few hours then I'd want it to be worthwhile :p
Birmingham's only another 50 miles on a four hour journey I suppose :unsure:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Knobhead.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When are you back at Uni? Definitely time for a night out in Reading again.
Will be back as of next thursday. Exams mean that a good time would have to be delayed for a few weeks, but anytime after the 10th May is fine. Just say when, or I'll look for something good to do and let you know. Pothas only a short journey away on the train as well.

Can a mod sticky this thread as well please?

Matteh

That should be alright. There's no good gigs on until British Sea Power on the 20 somethingth of May, but that's being reserved for other things. :cool:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
IAMX were playing at UCL sometime soon, may have already passed. If I wasn't flat broke I would have suggested going.

Pothas

Will be back as of next thursday. Exams mean that a good time would have to be delayed for a few weeks, but anytime after the 10th May is fine. Just say when, or I'll look for something good to do and let you know. Pothas only a short journey away on the train as well.
I will hear no exam excuses, you are coming to Brentford v Tranmere on the 20th of April.