View Poll Results: Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roshan Mahanma

    5 71.43%
  • Rameez Raja

    2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

  1. #1
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In Saeed Anwars bed
    Posts
    347

    Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

    Both were similar batsmen with Rameez having a slightly higher average in both tests and odis, but which one had the most impact on their team? and so which one is overall better?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In Saeed Anwars bed
    Posts
    347
    they both also played in the opening slot in a large part of their careers

  4. #4
    International Captain Migara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Colombo, SL
    Posts
    5,660
    As a batsman Ramiz by miles. Mahanama's runs did come in bursts though.

    What seperates them in the impact factor is the fielding. Mahanama in Jonty / Ponting / Arthurton class in the field. Ramiz ligt years behind.

    Tough one for me.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

    I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran


  5. #5
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In Saeed Anwars bed
    Posts
    347
    ^ Roshan was a a very determined player though, his 58 in the semi against india 96 was really good.

  6. #6
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    Mahanama for mine.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.
    The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?

  9. #9
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?
    Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  10. #10
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?
    When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

    For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.

  11. #11
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...
    Agree that they should have declared much earlier, perhaps once Jayasuriya got out. I have a feeling they did it mainly to get that record. Arjuna had some strange ideas back then.

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

    For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.
    Now thats make his comparison with Faisal fair.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,724
    Not much in it, but I have the formers book, and quite enjoyed it, plus his fielding when he was living in Melbourne was suppose to be of the highest class
    You know it makes sense.

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    wasn't Mahnama the guy who constanly gave blow jobs while batting?

  15. #15
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,854
    wot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. R.I.P Wasim Raja
    By Rajeev in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 26-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •