View Poll Results: Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roshan Mahanma

5 71.43%
  • Rameez Raja

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

U19 Debutant

Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

Both were similar batsmen with Rameez having a slightly higher average in both tests and odis, but which one had the most impact on their team? and so which one is overall better?

U19 Debutant
    they both also played in the opening slot in a large part of their careers

As a batsman Ramiz by miles. Mahanama's runs did come in bursts though.

What seperates them in the impact factor is the fielding. Mahanama in Jonty / Ponting / Arthurton class in the field. Ramiz ligt years behind.

Tough one for me.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

U19 Debutant
    ^ Roshan was a a very determined player though, his 58 in the semi against india 96 was really good.

Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Mahanama for mine.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.
    The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?
    Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...
    Agree that they should have declared much earlier, perhaps once Jayasuriya got out. I have a feeling they did it mainly to get that record. Arjuna had some strange ideas back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.
    Now thats make his comparison with Faisal fair.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Not much in it, but I have the formers book, and quite enjoyed it, plus his fielding when he was living in Melbourne was suppose to be of the highest class
    You know it makes sense.

wasn't Mahnama the guy who constanly gave blow jobs while batting?

wot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information