• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

Roshan Mahanma vs Rameez Raja?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Both were similar batsmen with Rameez having a slightly higher average in both tests and odis, but which one had the most impact on their team? and so which one is overall better?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
As a batsman Ramiz by miles. Mahanama's runs did come in bursts though.

What seperates them in the impact factor is the fielding. Mahanama in Jonty / Ponting / Arthurton class in the field. Ramiz ligt years behind.

Tough one for me.

Himannv

International Coach
Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Quite a tough choice IMO. I think Rameez Raja was probably a better bat. Mahanama tended to be a bit too inconsistant. He was a much better fielder though and he did have his moments with the bat as well. Difficult to choose between them for me. Maybe in terms of impact Mahanama.
The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The only impact Roshan had was that 50 against India in a WC semi while Ramiz only claim to fame is his WC winning catch.whats next Faisal Iqbal vs Jeehan Mubarak?
Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...

Himannv

International Coach
When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.

Himannv

International Coach
Mahanama also had that double century in the game where Jayasuriya scored 300+ and SL killed cricket by batting on and on and on and on and on...
Agree that they should have declared much earlier, perhaps once Jayasuriya got out. I have a feeling they did it mainly to get that record. Arjuna had some strange ideas back then.

Xuhaib

International Coach
When I say impact, I dont think I aim it at a particular match. He was always an extremely brilliant fielder and lifted the side with some of his catches. I've seen some last minute 20's that he scored which have guided the side to victory from the jaws of defeat as well or at least put up a mini fight with the help of some tailenders.

For the record, Mubarak was always nothing but a disappointment to me. I think he made the team mostly due to political influence of some sort within the board.
Now thats make his comparison with Faisal fair.

archie mac

International Coach
Not much in it, but I have the formers book, and quite enjoyed it, plus his fielding when he was living in Melbourne was suppose to be of the highest class:)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
And India kept it living when they batted on and on and on for 550

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
And India kept it living when they batted on and on and on for 550
Just a slight difference between batting first for just under two days and declaring and batting for over three days without attempting to win.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Option 1: Declare on 650 and let India amass another 450
Option 2: grind them down so one or two of tem get injured in the process so you could be in a better position to win the series

I would take option 2

Bouncer

State Regular
I think Roshan was a much better batsman than Raja. Raja was lucky that Imran liked him for a very long period of time and kept on giving him chances after chances. On his day raja was better than average but over all a real horrible top order batsman. He was extremely On-sidish and used to drive through the covers at times but was not even international level for off side play. his running between the wicket was as bad as salman butt and saurav gangully.

So without even considering Roshan's excllent fielding (arguably best fielder in subcontinent's history), his batting alone makes me put him ahead of Raja.