• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help and Info needed on England Australia Zimbabwe 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.

resigner

Cricket Spectator
Hi

I have 4 small souveneir bats, one of which appears to be signed by the England team from 1985 and says England Australia Perth 1985. I can't find any reference to this match and hoped someone would be able to shed light on it.

It appears to be hand signed (there are slight dents into the bat where the pen lines are)

Would appreciate more info on it, and apologies if this post is in the wrong forum etc!

thanks
Ian

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
No would could possibly think that it says 1985. It's more likely just a chancer hoping someone would offer great wads of cash for it but didn't want it to look like an advert so made up a very unconvincing cover story.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think it is signed by the commentators of the 1995 test match between Eng and Aus.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Although the appearance of Slater (assuming it is his signature) is a bit odd, considering he played in the game.

resigner

Cricket Spectator
Thanks to those with info, much appreciated.

Quite why people have to accuse me of various underhand dealings is beyond me though. Its a genuine request for information, and a misread of the date on my part.

Its listed with 3 others I brought in a box of odds at a local auction on ebay item number 290421678575, starting at 99p and being left to run its course.

Now thats a blatant advert, but the first post wasn't.....

thanks for being so quick to judge people you've never met before and know absolutely nothing about........

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to those with info, much appreciated.

Quite why people have to accuse me of various underhand dealings is beyond me though. Its a genuine request for information, and a misread of the date on my part.

Its listed with 3 others I brought in a box of odds at a local auction on ebay item number 290421678575, starting at 99p and being left to run its course.

Now thats a blatant advert, but the first post wasn't.....

thanks for being so quick to judge people you've never met before and know absolutely nothing about........
Surprise surprise, I was right, it was an advert. The lame denial just makes it all the more pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.