• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swann in drink drive arrest

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah not great is it.

Stopped right outside a police station as well which is kind of amusing

archie mac

International Coach
I really don't care what cricketers do in their spare time (apart from certain things:ph34r:), but it is all about the sponsors these days so he may be in deep trouble.

Lets hope it does not go the way of Symonds and costs him his place in the Ashes squad, would be a shame, and we Aussies don't want England having an excuse for why they were thrashed this time:happy:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why in the article does it read 'Swann arrested on suspicion of drink-driving'. Don't they get the blood sample result pretty much immediately as to be able categorically state whether or not his alcohol levels did exceed the limit or not?

fredfertang

On the assumption that he has been bailed to return to the nick at a later date (I'm assuming that if he'd been charged and bailed to go to court that would have been said in terms) then that's almost certainly because the evidential specimen is blood and needs to be analysed - there are a whole raft of reasons why that might be but by far the most likely is that he blew between 35 and 50 on the intoximeter (legal limit is 35) in which case he has the right (as do we all - not just Swanneh - he ain't that special) to elect for blood rather than breath - so hopefully, depending on your perspective of course, the Doc would have meandered slowly down to the station to give Swanneh a chance to drop a few precious points and get out of the brown stuff

Himannv

International Coach
Plenty of people who are not professional cricketers do it and no one gives a damn. Why the preferrential treatment?

Himannv

International Coach
What preferential treatment?
I mean, why pick out what players do in their private lives and make a huge deal about it. Tonnes of normal people get caught for drunk driving everyday and no one says anything but if players do it, people get all worked up and say all sorts of rubbish about them.

I know its part of fame but seriously, they have their lives to live as well, let them live their private lives in peace.

fredfertang

I mean, why pick out what players do in their private lives and make a huge deal about it. Tonnes of normal people get caught for drunk driving everyday and no one says anything but if players do it, people get all worked up and say all sorts of rubbish about them.

I know its part of fame but seriously, they have their lives to live as well, let them live their private lives in peace.
Couldn't agree more but a few of our newspapers are utterly incorrigble

grecian

Bollox, the bloke has traded off a good-bloke image, now he's been found guilty of a fairly crap crime, which could lead to deaths.

Can't believe people on this thread dismissing it an harmless indiscretion, like wot happened in the good ole days. Its reprehensible, IMHO8-)

fredfertang

Bollox, the bloke has traded off a good-bloke image, now he's been found guilty of a fairly crap crime, which could lead to deaths.

Can't believe people on this thread dismissing it an harmless indiscretion, like wot happened in the good ole days. Its reprehensible, IMHO8-)
At this stage he may not be guilty of anything

Himannv

International Coach

What "good-bloke" image? Does he have to look pretty too for people to like him?

Maybe its a nationality thing, but getting caught for drunk driving over here is a fairly common occurrence.

grecian

At this stage he may not be guilty of anything
Fair enough, will retract whatever I've said if your right.

Yet even you've admitted he may be doing this blood-test thing, hoping for the alcohol to get out of his system,

I'm really a don't drink at all when your driving type of bloke TBH.