• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swann in drink drive arrest

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well, i hope the same amount of criticism mounts against Swann for committing a criminal offense which did against Asif...Drunk driving could actually take a life of someone where as carrying drugs can't...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, i hope the same amount of criticism mounts against Swann for committing a criminal offense which did against Asif...Drunk driving could actually take a life of someone where as carrying drugs can't...
Don't think anyone has defended Swann at all. Drink driving is a ****ish thing to do.

Don't see how Asif comes into it.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you think they would have proceeded had it not been a high profile guy?
I can't be bothered to look up the law now, though doubtless I'll be bored enough at work to next week, but having a bit of experience in this area of the law my initial reaction is it would be blindingly obvious the result of the second sample would be inadmissible

In fact I suspect the corollary must be that the taking of the second sample was an assault, and quite a serious one too - I wonder if a civil suit will follow

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
What has cricketers social life to do with cricket? We are admiring their cricket, not the social life FFS.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol. If Sachin Tendulkar was ever charged with a crime, there would be 1.2 billion plus buffoons then. I'm tipping you'd read an article about it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I like Swann, and I think he's a funny man. But when you cultivate attention like he looks to do, which I have no problem with, I have less sympathy for him being put into the news for something like this than someone who looks to be much more private.