• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New WK Gloves - TWC Gear Guide?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As I am an idiot, I have managed to lose my good pair of wicketkeeping gloves which I'd had nearly three years and were perfectly accustomed to my hands. Having checked absolutely everywhere they could possibly be, I intend to speed up their relocation by buying new ones.

Now I understand there is an issue of the Wisden Cricketer out recently with the Good Gear Guide in it, and I'd quite appreciate a bit of feedback from anyone who has it, as it's usually pretty sound when it comes to gauntlets. I am, frustratingly, restricted to Youths gloves because I have stupidly small hands, so I think it's down to the Puma Evolution 4000 or the Gray Nicolls Xiphos.

Any clues? Or anyone own these two? Or any other suggestions for good Youths gloves?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It rates the Gunn & Moore Paul Nixon as the best - doesn't say what sizes it comes in though

fredfertang

............. although the Fordham Sports and Morrants catalogues that came with the Good Gear Guide seems to suggest that it only comes in mens and large mens sizes - not many seem to do a youth size actually

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
As I am an idiot, I have managed to lose my good pair of wicketkeeping gloves which I'd had nearly three years and were perfectly accustomed to my hands. Having checked absolutely everywhere they could possibly be, I intend to speed up their relocation by buying new ones.

Now I understand there is an issue of the Wisden Cricketer out recently with the Good Gear Guide in it, and I'd quite appreciate a bit of feedback from anyone who has it, as it's usually pretty sound when it comes to gauntlets. I am, frustratingly, restricted to Youths gloves because I have stupidly small hands, so I think it's down to the Puma Evolution 4000 or the Gray Nicolls Xiphos.

Any clues? Or anyone own these two? Or any other suggestions for good Youths gloves?
Best opening to any post in 2010 so far

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
............. although the Fordham Sports and Morrants catalogues that came with the Good Gear Guide seems to suggest that it only comes in mens and large mens sizes - not many seem to do a youth size actually
Yeah, this is the issue, and it does my nut in. Why don't companies do decent gloves in youth sizes? There's a huge slice of market for someone if they want it!

fredfertang

Yeah, this is the issue, and it does my nut in. Why don't companies do decent gloves in youth sizes? There's a huge slice of market for someone if they want it!
Well they may do given that those catalogues don't mention the Puma or Gray Nicholls ones you mention being available in youth sizes either - might just be the suppliers

Jarquis

I'm a member of another forum that's pretty clued up when it comes to equipment. The maker of this yera's "best bat" in the Good Gear Guide is a member there for example.
Will ask a few questions and see what I can find out :)