Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katich

Katich

I know he's clearly below Ponting,S.Waugh,Hayden and even Clarke but how would he compare to Taylor,Slater,Langer,Junior and also to your Martyn's and Hussey's.

International 12th Man
    His not clearly below Clarke and his not better then Hussey.

He'd rank along the likes of Martyn, Clarke, Taylor, M Waugh.

He is slightly lesser then Hussey, Slater and Langer.

And of course his nowhere near Hayden, Ponting, S Waugh.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post

He's

Makes me rage so hard when people do this. It doesn't even sound like his FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    He's

Makes me rage so hard when people do this. It doesn't even sound like his FFS.
    You must be unbearable to live with if petty little things like that bother you. Geez, sowway 4 noot bee'n a grammekal geeneus.

Banned
    His allways makin dat mistake.

And Hussey's categorically a better test player than Clarke how exactly? Surely there's not much in it between these two.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    You must be unbearable to live with if petty little things like that bother you. Geez, sowway 4 noot bee'n a grammekal geeneus.
    Don't need to be a genius to know the difference between his and he's. Generally, you need an IQ above that of your standard garden spade.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    And Hussey's categorically a better test player than Clarke how exactly? Surely there's not much in it between these two.
    What Hussey was able to do/accomplish in the first half of his career completely nullfys any arguement of Clarke of being better then Hussey because Clarke has yet to show any signs of coming close to what Hussey did. He might before it's all said and done, we'll just have to wait and see.

What Hussey was able to do/accomplish in the first half of his career completely nullfys any arguement of Clarke of being better then Hussey because Clarke has yet to show any signs of coming close to what Hussey did. He might before it's all said and done, we'll just have to wait and see.
    What exactly did Hussey do except score a mountain of runs... which is basically what Clarke has done in the last two years or so, during which time Hussey completely lost his off stump?

---

Katich is probably the perfect opener for us to be honest. The up and coming openers seem to be exciting, naturally agressive and occasionally excessively attacking batsmen. Katich is a perfect foil for that. Despite him being 34 he'll play for a while yet.
    Last edited by Spark; 31-03-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Don't need to be a genius to know the difference between his and he's. Generally, you need an IQ above that of your standard garden spade.
    Lol. "And young Geg squares the ball invitingly, an open goal beckons..."

Anyway, love Katto a lot. One of those typically Aussie batsmen who seems to know his game so well. His batting is never likely to win too many beauty contests, but my word you'd want him with you rather than against you.

I also respect him because after he was dropped he went away and forced his way back into the test team thru sheer weight of runs (most ever in an SS season IIRC) and because he lived the dream: grabbed Clarke by the throat. WAFG.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Should also be said that it's a shame Hughes was punted, as he and Katto may have formed one of the more technicaly unusual and, tbf, none-to-pleasing-at-times-to-watch-bat opening combos in history.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    He's a manufactured opener, he'll never be much good.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    What exactly did Hussey do except score a mountain of runs... which is basically what Clarke has done in the last two years or so, during which time Hussey completely lost his off stump?
    He was almost impossible to get out during his first 20 odd Tests, single-handedly pulled Australia out of trouble numerous times whilst batting with the lower order and was Mr. Dependable. He could attack if need be (with great success) and also anchor the innings if required. Hussey basically did everything what makes a batsman great.

Clarke on the otherhand, has come nowhere near doing the same thing apart from last years Ashes series and even so, England don't have much of a bowling attack. Clarke has had numerous opportunities to prove himself as great (like last years Ashes series when he scored a ton at Lords, but couldn't finish the job), but has generally failed.

He was almost impossible to get out during his first 20 odd Tests, single-handedly pulled Australia out of trouble numerous times whilst batting with the lower order and was Mr. Dependable. He could attack if need be (with great success) and also anchor the innings if required. Hussey basically did everything what makes a batsman great.

Clarke on the otherhand, has come nowhere near doing the same thing apart from last years Ashes series and even so, England don't have much of a bowling attack. Clarke has had numerous opportunities to prove himself as great (like last years Ashes series when he scored a ton at Lords, but couldn't finish the job), but has generally failed.
    Pretty sure he was our best batsmen in the home series against NZ and against the Saffers. And it's very, very, very harsh to say that Clarke was to blame for "not finishing the job" at Lord's, at that implies that we were at any stage looking like coming anywhere near finishing it.

If you're talking about his concentration issues about and outside off stump, I agree wholeheartedly that those are a real block on him moving up to the next level but I think he's on the way to fixing them (the guy is 28, Hussey himself didn't play 'til he was 30!). But to say he has "generally failed"...

Now I think we've derailed this thread enough. If we want to continue talking about this there's a thread somewhere around here.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Should also be said that it's a shame Hughes was punted, as he and Katto may have formed one of the more technicaly unusual and, tbf, none-to-pleasing-at-times-to-watch-bat opening combos in history.
    See, I'm pleased Hughes was punted myself; not 'cos I'm a complete prick as he seems thoroughly likeable young bloke, but his technique just really, really irritates me. Goes beyond "eccentric" and into "********" for me.

Kid must have an amazing eye to be as good with it as he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information