• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off-Season Thread (2010)

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Just out of curiousity... is the NSW Second XI the same thing as the NSW u23s? :S

Where did you find out about Cazzulino, brockley?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Would be very surprised about Cassell. An employee of Cricket Victoria throughout his time away from cricket, and helped to be nurtured back by CV and the MCC. He didn't bowl large spells at all during the season.

Morgie, I believe it would be because of their lack of players on CA contracts.

Craig

World Traveller
Personally, I think he'll end up being another Darren Dempsey. Not sure if you remember him, but he dominated grade cricket in Melbourne, couldn't get a look in and headed over to SA for a game and failed. Rather similar players; like to bully the bowling, whack the ball hard, rely on being balanced and simple footwork, rather than big strides.

Fair few reasons why he hasn't gotten a look in:
  • Didn't come across well to people when he was a younger fella. Used to be called "Aker" down at Carlton (his club) for a while, in honour of Jason Akermanis.
  • Not always the smartest cricketer. Has worked on this recently though, and this is one of the reasons why he gets so many hundreds, he's prepared to play within himself once he's on top and the field is back.
  • Seen as being very front foot reliant, and Princes Park (his home ground) has tended to be pretty slow and low in recent times.
  • Against a battery of quality bowlers, some may believe that the jury is still out. However, without playing many 2nd XI games, he has hardly received the chance to prove them wrong.

I've played against him a few times, got him out a couple of times, but he's usually hit me for a few zacs before then. Got dropped this year before playing the Blues, and he got a ton and was super impressive, according to the boys.
Didn't he get a first baller on his debut?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Cazzulino from a friend who plays grade,the age on rob cassell,he felt he was behind a lot of pacemen.
Yeah reading that article it deafinately looks like Cassell will be moving to SA. Looking at his grade statistics this season they are quite impressive. I know he has a good outswinger and doesn't bowl long spells, but that is all I know about his bowling.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
He said he used to get that guy who's going down to play state cricket for Tasmania out a few pages back.