• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should NZ persevere with Chris Martin?

Should NZ persevere with Chris Martin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
NcCullum is a terrible FC bowler, dart bowler if there ever was one.

In other news Astle must be rapidly moving up the ladder with 3 5fers in a row. If he backs it up next season I can see him being the 2nd spinner.
There is not much choose from between Patel and NMacs bowling averages in FC. But fair play if you think his bowling isn't much chop.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In other news Astle must be rapidly moving up the ladder with 3 5fers in a row. If he backs it up next season I can see him being the 2nd spinner.
Unfortunately, he's not much of a turner either, by all accounts. Another accuracy spinner who probably wouldn't be much chop in intl cricket. Still, time will tell I suppose.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Darn it I was sure a leggie would have some turn.
Well, Michael Clarke and Cameron White are both technically leg break bowlers, and neither of them ever exactly turned it square. Still disappointed that Nethula had such a rubbish season as he really could get big turn.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well, Michael Clarke and Cameron White are both technically leg break bowlers, and neither of them ever exactly turned it square. Still disappointed that Nethula had such a rubbish season as he really could get big turn.
How in the world has Astle got 3 5fers in a row? :wacko:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Er, Michael Clarke a leg break bowler?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Er, Michael Clarke a leg break bowler?
That makes you a leg break bowler too, Jack!

Clarke is not technically a leg break bowler in any way, shape or form, Bahnz. He is "technically" a left arm orthodox bowler.

White, on the other hand, is. But he's just rubbish with the ball anyway... :ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Huh, just noticed that. For some reason, I was always under the impression that he was a wrist-spinner. I'm sure I once heard someone refer to his sla's as "leg-breaks" early in his career. Must've just always assumed that was the case

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Huh, just noticed that. For some reason, I was always under the impression that he was a wrist-spinner. I'm sure I once heard someone refer to his sla's as "leg-breaks" early in his career. Must've just always assumed that was the case
I thought you were getting confused because he turns the ball away from the right hander so you were grouping him with leg spinners.