• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Yousuf retires

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This would be sad news if it's true. I confes to not reading the artile as I'm so disenchanted with what has come out of Pakistan cricket lately.

All I would say is I really enjoy watching MoYo bat - was disappointed he had such a bad tour here this summer - like to see the best player go well when they come here. You could see in a few digs he was a cut above, but he didn't kick on with it this time round.

Kudos to him if he retires, on a fine career. A very, very good player imo.

vcs

Sad to see him go, but maybe this is what Pakistan cricket needs to move forward. Sadly, it seems whatever the team achieves will be in spite of PCB's best efforts to undermine everything.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why my post was removed?
Satyam your post was removed for 2 reasons. A) CW does not want to open itself upto potential legal issues by having baseless accusations of match fixing thrown around. B) We don't want to see another retirement thread end up closed (eg. Murali reitrement discussion thread) due to posts such as the one you made that do nothing but incite aggressive debates when instead we really should be celebrating a wonderful career.

Burgey

Why my post was removed?
Because you slandered him. Owners of forums tend to get a little sensitive about things like that, as would the person you slandered if they read the post.

Edit: in other words, what Clapo said.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Because you slandered him. Owners of forums tend to get a little sensitive about things like that, as would the person you slandered if they read the post.
Libel, rather than slander, isn't it, Mr Lawyer? :ph34r:

Burgey

Libel, rather than slander, isn't it, Mr Lawyer? :ph34r:
Mate, my loungeroom is reverberating to the sound of Lady Bloody Gaga when there's NRL, AFL and Super 14 on - I am watching none of them. My brain has turned to mush.