• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Yousuf retires

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder how long this one will last? We've thought it was the end of his international career not once but twice before now.

Will be surprised if there isn't another twist or six here yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm sure Mohammad Yousuf could play in England, but the Kolpak idea is one of the past.

brockley

International Captain
Why not kolpak?
Michael divineuto has no english,irish or scottish heritage at all.
Whats the difference between divineuto and yousuf?
Kolpaks are still round,don't pull my leg richie.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Michael di Venuto is what's known as an EU passport player - he has Italian heritage and thus is permitted to work anywhere in the EU.

EU-passport players have been around since before the landmark Kolpak case. There is no way the ECB is ever likely to have the power to stop them.

However, anyone who does not have a UK\EIRE or other EU-country passport can now, once more, be prevented from playing as a non-overseas player in county cricket by the ECB.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Typical defeatist attitude by Mo Yo instead of taking PCB head on like Younis did regarding his ban he just accepted the decision without any hue and cry no wonder he could never match Javed and Inzi despite his apparent class.

jeevan

International 12th Man
It isn't even like Malik or PCB won here, they all ended up screwing each other.

MoYo should've stuck to batting, but that's in hindsight.He has 2006, which is more than what all but a few will achieve - certainly none of his immediate detractors (don't think Younis had any ill will with MoYo, just the rabble).

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
MoYo is a victim of Pakistan Cricket politics. He was a very good player and served Pakistan cricket well. Yes he wanted to make money, but who doesn't.

At the end It is a sad end to a very good career.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I give it 12 months before either the PCB caves and begs him to come back or before he caves and begs to be allowed back.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
IMO he messed PCB up big time with his retirement. PCB probably wanted to discipline him with the ban....(which is quite a stupid way of doing it)....and then bring him back later...but now that he has retired...PCB's disciplinary technique has backfired.

Yousuf will gain a lot of support from public against PCB now and this could turn out to be a cause of another PCB admin change.

Just my take on the situation.

I am not at all convinced that Yousuf retired for good. I am sure he will come back....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Decision to retire "for now"

However, Yousuf appears to have kept a window open for return to the international arena, for he repeatedly said the decision to retire was "for now."

:laugh: