• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Headingley

Who replaces Harmison?

• Gough

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Kirby

• Silverwood

• A McGrath as a batsman and 4th seamer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bell as a batsman and 4th seamer (CMJ and Dermot Reeve)

• Kabir Ali

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Ramprakash (suggested on TMS by a listener)

• Thorpe (suggested on TMS by Graham Gooch)

• Johnson / Hoggard (if either are fit)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Get AA an English passport and all our problems are over!

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A medium pacer is like Hinds or Ealham. England are playing fast-medium/medium-fast bowlers.
But the fact reamains that they are all "samey", and there's no variety there.

Even a left armer could've made a difference...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still better than Sidebottom.

Besides, the mention of Mullally was a joke. I don't expect England to recall him to the Test side. He is still a very good OD bowler though, IMO.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
If Harmison doesn't play, they MUST play a spinner - just for the contrast.

England got into this nonsense of 4 samey medium pacers many years ago - and it cost them.
Ah, someone who thinks the way I do

<quack> it was you, you pudding. Anyway, Cork and Hoggard will be in for the fifth test

Why do you say that?

<quack> They've tried everyone else

How old's Devon Malcolm?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And Harmo will return.

Personally I expect we'll revert to the TB attack, but the question is, will Nasser be fit?

Craig

World Traveller
I cant understand your comments about Vaughan Marc. When Jayasuriya was captain, he had no hesitation to bowl himself, and he opened the batting.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, but Jayasuriya played a large amount of his cricket (comparatively) in spin-friendly conditions.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
I cant understand your comments about Vaughan Marc. When Jayasuriya was captain, he had no hesitation to bowl himself, and he opened the batting.
That was only when the opposition's tail was in, and he wanted quick wickets himself though, wasn't it? ;) :D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well I'd rather have Vaughan taking quick wickets than the bowlers not taking quick wickets!! :P

I think Giles and Harmison will be in, and maybe Johnson (apparently Kirtley and Kabir are injury doubts, can't see Bicknell being retained and Anderson is very jaded).