• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashan Tillakaratne Vs Jimmy Adams

Hashan Tillakaratne Vs Jimmy Adams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, both of their records are identical. I don't know which option to vote for.
I can't believe people get so hung up on statistics. Sure, it's hard to separate them in terms of pure numbers but when it comes to the style and panache with which he played, Hashan surely has the edge.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Jimmy came with a bang and faded away. Hashan started steadily and built his average to mid 40s. ODIs, I think they played in two different eras.

In Tests Hashan easily, because he's marginally better with the bat, reliable keeper and one of the shortleg fielders who can be in the company of Solkar and Sobers

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't say we are afraid to tackle the big questions here in CC. Re the question; can't say I care really.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Both played for the same country, against same oppositions, in same situations, and they have identical stats. Still, one Hashan Tillakaratne has got 3 more votes than the other Hashan Tillakaratne. i can't let this happen. So, voting to even things out a bit. Though I don't think the option I voted for is better than the other option :P

analyst

U19 12th Man
Think Hashan Tikratne, a very gritty cricketer that Sri Lanka presently lack, very much in the Steve Waugh mould, sometimes they find themselves in vulnerable positions and can't find a recovery against good opposiiton, with a player like him around it was possible. A very astute cricketing brain also.

I was a big fan of Jimmy Adams, but for a player gifted with such talent he wasted it more often than not.