• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where does Inzamam rank among Asia's batting greats?

Where does Inzamam stand among Asian batting greats

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His record against OZ isn't great but the times he did get runs, Pakistan won, would have but for others not doing their bit or he put Pakistan in a decent position, got out then it all fell in a heap after him. Just seemed to be in and around the tough situations others weren't. Got out a lot trying to force the pace. Much prefer a player like that over others because he forces the oppo to react to what he's doing as opposed to reacting to them. Had he been more circumspect, I have little doubt his numbers against McGrath and others would have been a fair bit better. Not as if Pakistan could have lost many more Tests against OZ than they did so maybe he should have played for himself more!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
lol what is this post count? I have seen and played cricket more than most of the members of these forum.8-)
Yeah and I just came back from Moon. Going again next week, let me know if you need some sunshine.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
1 century in 27 Tests against Australia & South Africa combined speaks in volumes. Especially when that century he scored, came in a match where 370 was chased down in the final innings.

Then again, runs against Australia doesn't really matter because it's only against 1 country.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I always hear people say, well whenever Inzi scored Pakistan won. I know its generalizing and could be far from being accurate. But i would really like to see how many games ODIs/Tests Pak won in which Inzi scored 50 or more...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I always hear people say, well whenever Inzi scored Pakistan won. I know its generalizing and could be far from being accurate. But i would really like to see how many games ODIs/Tests Pak won in which Inzi scored 50 or more...
Averages 80 odd in Pakistan Test victories IIRC, which makes him statistically one of the best of all time (quite possibly 2nd to Bradman.)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
1 century in 27 Tests against Australia & South Africa combined speaks in volumes. Especially when that century he scored, came in a match where 370 was chased down in the final innings.

Then again, runs against Australia doesn't really matter because it's only against 1 country.
Warne has not a single 10fer against India/WI in 33 tests.

Faisal1985

So, we can safely say he is #1 in that stat over the last 30-40 years.

Thats a mighty stat for him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah. Favorite Pakistani batsman for me. Is also piss funny without intending to be funny. Scores other worldly hundreds in some games and falls over on his stumps on others. Tune in sometimes just to see his post match ceremony speeches. Legend.:laugh:

Faisal1985

Yeah. Favorite Pakistani batsman for me. Is also piss funny without intending to be funny. Scores other worldly hundreds in some games and falls over on his stumps on others. Tune in sometimes just to see his post match ceremony speeches. Legend.:laugh:
You have to see him chat with Rameez in an after match ceremony where he tries to correct Rameez about "young guns" or some word like that which Rameez uses and Inzi corrects him to "youngsters..." and Rameez was laughing his butt off on camera..... i will try to find the youtube link.

nick-o

State 12th Man
If I had to rank Inzamam, Zaheer and Javed, I think I'd put Inzamam third among Pakistan batsmen -- Javed clearly first, and Zaheer ahead of Inzamam in terms of being more relatively dominant within his time.

Among all the great Asian batsmen, that suggests Inzamam is borderline to get into the top ten.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Taking a 10fer for a bowler is the equivalent to scoring a double-ton as a batsman. 5fer is like a 100.
There have been 292 double centuries scored opposed to 372 10fers taken in test cricket.

372 / 37651 vs 282 / 68876, some stats noob could compare the proportions and come up with the t value. I am sure the difference is significant.

slowfinger

International Debutant
There have been 292 double centuries scored opposed to 372 10fers taken in test cricket.

372 / 37651 vs 282 / 68876, some stats noob could compare the proportions and come up with the t value. I am sure the difference is significant.
Where the hell did you get that from?

Faisal1985

:-O I don't understand the denominator in both fractions, how did you get that?