• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where does Inzamam rank among Asia's batting greats?

Where does Inzamam stand among Asian batting greats

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
No, first was away average and second was career average. Similarly stats can't prove how useful batsman laxman is. . Many players who has played with him agree.
The lahori logic is some of the useless statement given by pakistani poster without any stats backing.
This is one of those.
Cricinfo - Blogs - Pak Spin - Qadir was the best of the lot
The generalization of the stupid blog as a pakistani trait is as 'useless' as the post itself.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Why don't you read the comment section of that blog? Most of the pakistani agree with him.
Generalizations and specific-country bashing are things I will never indulge in. Assuming that the commenters are representative of all of their countrymen is ludicrous.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Generalizations and specific-country bashing are things I will never indulge in. Assuming that the commenters are representative of all of their countrymen is ludicrous.
Well said!
:thumbup:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
satyam, please cut out the unfair stereotypes of certain people or nations in your posts. Consider this a warning.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
he is in the top 10, where exactly in the top 10 is a matter of debate...only tendulkar, gavaskar, dravid, miandad and hanif are definitely ahead of him....

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Its weird but I only really rate SRT and Sunny clearly ahead of Inzi, but feel that any of Miandad, Dravid or Hanif could occupy that 3rd spot as well. These six names are easily Asia's greatest at the moment, but I expect Sehwag and Sanga to topple a couple of names.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No, first was away average and second was career average. Similarly stats can't prove how useful batsman laxman is. . Many players who has played with him agree.
The lahori logic is some of the useless statement given by pakistani poster without any stats backing.
This is one of those.
Cricinfo - Blogs - Pak Spin - Qadir was the best of the lot
So when stats don't go in favor of your argument, you go for players' opinion. When Stats do go in favor of your argument, Players are basically talking out of their arse ?

And How many Lahoris do you really know to continously bring up the 'Lahori Logic' ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't know Where Inzi ranks statistically, I rate him very highly. There have been times when I thought he was better than all of his contemporaries including SRT, Lara, Ponting, Dravid.

I remember the very first time I watched him in 1992 WC and some of the shots he played were truly outstanding and we knew then that he was going to serve his country for long long time.

No I don't know where I will rank him, but he is right on top with all those great names.

satyam

School Boy/Girl Captain
So when stats don't go in favor of your argument, you go for players' opinion. When Stats do go in favor of your argument, Players are basically talking out of their arse ?

And How many Lahoris do you really know to continously bring up the 'Lahori Logic' ?
Do you think even before writing.? Which stats didn't favour my argument. Or you write whatever you think.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Never have I seen a new member with only 44 posts take a dump on a forum the way satyam has.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Did you represent your country in U19 or U17 levels in cricket before? If not stfu.
If his like 60 years old or something then his probably right. He doesn't have to have been good at cricket to have played more then most. FTR, I've seen a few players with cricinfo profiles who aren't even that good.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If his like 60 years old or something then his probably right. He doesn't have to have been good at cricket to have played more then most. FTR, I've seen a few players with cricinfo profiles who aren't even that good.
If he is 60 years old and posts with that attitude, he deserves the **** he cops anyway.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I rated Inzi very highly as a batsman. He was an oak against the pace attacks, standing back on the crease he really did look like he had all the time in the world. He was also surprisingly nimble for a big guy. In his pomp he had a natural, almost carelessly brilliant style about him.

I was disappointed for him failing to become Pakistan's all-time leading run scorer and missing out on averaging 50 in tests (although if you remove the ICC tour of Australia in 2005 he does average 50 for Pakistan) by a whisker because I rate him as one of the best batsman in the past 20 years.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did you represent your country in U19 or U17 levels in cricket before? If not stfu.
If he is 60 years old and posts with that attitude, he deserves the **** he cops anyway.
metallics, if you've got a beef with how someone's posting, please use the "report post" function for the moderating staff to deal with it. Regardless of how dire someone's posts are, you're doing the forum no favours by stooping to their level. Please try to rise above it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The thing to weigh up with Inzy is his relatively poor record against the two best sides of his era, SA and Aus. But he's well renowned for his record in Pakistan wins, the earlier recorded stat of 17 of his 25 centuries being in Pakistan victories.

Therefore, he may not have proven himself against all the teams like some of his other contemporaries, but he's made runs at crucial junctures against teams of comparable ability to his own, and whom Pakistan are more likely to beat/compete with. Does that rate higher than, for example, a series in which a player makes a lot of runs in a losing cause?